Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HEI question?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Disciples Performance, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Disciples Performance

Disciples Performance 1/2 ton status

ok boys heres the deal,

my sbc 400 was running minty after being tuned at the propane shop only at 8deg adv as well so it was running good. But today after running her fro about 3 hrs in the bush she started to knock! now its not rod knock its a misfire comming from my ignition now when i disconnect my vaccum adv it goes away. But when i put it back on it knocks again is my HEI screwed or what cause im running out of ideas haha :confused: . It was also backfiring and stuff when i put load on it almost like the timing was out. But it cant just jump timing cause it idles perfect. Only when i put load on it with the vaccum adv hooked up will it knock like CRAZY!!!!:mad: :confused:

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Pull the cap and rotor and look inside. Maybe the advance springs broke, or the vac. advance mechanism came loose....

Check to see if they snugged down the dizzy, and it hasn't spun in it's hole....

3. Disciples Performance

Disciples Performance 1/2 ton status

awesome thanks ill check that ya i dunno its righto messed up right after we finished trail riding and driving back into town it just all of sudden started i thought it was rod knock scared the crap outta me but i had TONES of oil pressure and it idled perfect so it didnt make any sense