Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HEIGTH FOR 38'S

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KILLERK5, Oct 19, 2000.

1. KILLERK5

KILLERK5 1/2 ton status

HEIGTH FOR 38\'S

HOW MUCH WOULD I HAVE TO LIFT MY 88 TO FIT 38" TIRES? I HAVE A 4" SUSPENSION ALREADY, & IVE HEARD WITH A 3" BODY LIFT AND SOME FENDER TRIMMING THEY'LL FIT. DOES ANYBODY KNOW FOR SURE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Re: HEIGTH FOR 38\'S

It all depends on how wide your 38s are, and how wide a rim you're putting them on. I have 39.5" x 15" wide Swampers on 12" wide rims that touch the fenderwells (uncut) edges (front and rear) while turning and articulating, even though I have 12" of lift!!

ken

3. KILLERK5

KILLERK5 1/2 ton status

I WILL BE GETTING 10" RIMS AND 1350 TIRES

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

A lot also depends on what you plan on doing with the vehicle. If you just do street driving or play in the mud you might get away with it.......if you want to go trailriding and flex the vehicle, especially if you disconnect the swaybar you will probably get some fairly serious contact with the fenders. Most guys I have seen with around 6" lift and 36" tires still have to do some serious trimming of the front fenders if they flex them out.

5. arnold88

arnold88 Registered Member

I agree with 6.2Blazer, I've seen too many Blazers either rip a good size gash in the tire or bend the sh#t out of the fenders. I wouldn't with go more than 33's with a 4" or 36's with the 3" body lift. Unless you just play in the mud.

[​IMG] Great works are never finished [​IMG]

6. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I had 38's on my 1986 Chevy silverado. I had a 6 inch spring lift and a 3 inch body lift. I had to trim the front fenders slightly. The tires were 16 inches wide on a 15" rim.
    You can see the truck with the 38's on it at: http://jeremyb.coloradok5.com go to the photos page.

Dazed and Confused in a 74 Blazer

Zeppelin

7. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

I ran some 38x12.50 swampers on my 88 with only 6" of lift. I only ran it in the mud so I didnt get very flexy. It was close but i pulled it off. They were on a 10" rim. I wouldnt recommend the 12.50s though as they are way too skinny. I am planning on putting 3" of body lift and running wide 38s soon. If you want it to happen it can but i would go for more lift or slightly smaller tires.

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

8. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I've got 36"x12.5x16.5 on 16.5x9.75rims, a 4"lift (no body lift), no swaybar and only about 4-6" cut off my fender closest to the door. I have a decent amount of flex and I'm convinced I can put some 38" under it with more fender trimming and no more suspension lift. I dont rub at all, but I think its due to the fact that I have a narrow footprint. If I had 36x13.5's I might rub a lil and if I had 36x14.5's I think I would probably be in trouble.
    P.S. I prefer to rock crawl over all else and my tires perform very well.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>