Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heim joints/ball joints - Where have you been buying them?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 45acp, May 31, 2002.

1. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

I have been looking at McMaster-Carr, Grainger and Manhatten Supply Company but no one has a real good selection. Someone must specialize in this kind of stuff.

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Summitt Racing has some.

3. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

these look real nice to me <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bakerprecision.com/nhbb1a.htm>http://www.bakerprecision.com/nhbb1a.htm</a>

4. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Larry, Thanks, I have never visited that site but they have it all together. Thanks

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just did the ball joints on the 78 and bought them from NAPA. They have two different "qualities" of ball joint. I got the high quality ones. They are Zinc (goldish in color) coated with nice poly dust boots, and are fully greasable (not sealed) for those of us that like that. A little extra $$ but in the end I think it's cheaper (last longer). I don't abuse the truck, but it is a daily driver and I plow with it too, so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

6. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I got mine through Napa also, $40 per joint. I was talking to the owner and he said those were made by Dana.

7. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

I appreciate the good feed back. I am not using these for conventional front end repair. They are being used as part of the crossmember support for my doubler which is being supported from the top rather than the normal bottom mount. I am also using them for a triple shifter. That is the reason I needed a good selection. I purchased everything from Baker Precision.