Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hell hath frozen over

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Theres ricers @ Daytona...I'm watching the start of the truck race and I'm like WTF
    [​IMG]

This is just plain WRONG..hey should have used the 4 door /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Just don't ask Jimmy Spencer his opinion about Toyota in NASCAR cause Jimmy Spencer never forgets /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. Stickseler

But Hulk Hogan's daughter sung the National Anthem.

Heres the only pick I could find of her /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[​IMG]

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

bootylicious... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    But Hulk Hogan's daughter sung the National Anthem.

Heres the only pick I could find of her /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatcha gonna do brotha when Beavermania runs wild over ya???????????????

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. pfloydmaster

pfloydmaster 1/2 ton status

What a coincidence!!! The local TV news is talking about it right now!! They're doing it for marketing puroses cuz they are fourth in sales!!! This Totally SUX!!!!

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

im not surprised, heck look at the 4x4 scene, toyotas run all over that, beemn for years and years.,

its crazy

8. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

One thing to keep in mind when you bash it, is the Tundra is the only full size truck built exclusively in the states. They have every right to be in the races.

9. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

that paint looks tight

10. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Of course the paint is tight...otherwise it would flap in the breeze like a flag /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] LAME !! It's comman nolige that the guys who constantly talk about p_ssy are the one's who never get any. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

12. Stickseler

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] LAME !! It's comman nolige that the guys who constantly talk about p_ssy are the one's who never get any. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope I talk about it all the time and still get some 2-3 times a week...not bad for 12 yes of mariage and 2 kids /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I'm glad you quoted that post that was directed at me, since that member is on my IGNORE list.

I'm just curious, WTF is 'nolige?'

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    One thing to keep in mind when you bash it, is the Tundra is the only full size truck built exclusively in the states. They have every right to be in the races.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be an ass but I call complete and utter bullshit. Parts might be put together here, but 80+% of foreign cars are made oversees and assembled here.

Toyotas in particular, even the HEADLIGHT BULBS are made in japan.

15. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Alright, exclusively was the wrong word, but the body is stamped here(dont remember the exact location), the drivetrain is built and asselbled in alabama, and the rest of the truck is assembled in Indiana. last i checked , fords tritons are built in canada, and dodges are assembled in canada. I know chevys casting plant is in NY, but i remember hearing that the trans is built in mexico( could be wrong). Do some parts still come from japan, yeah. Look arround on a new domestic and you would be surprised on what all says "made in japan" and "made in china".

16. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

Dodge is allowed to participate in NASCAR and they are owned by Germans.

17. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Personally I'm glad to see Toyota in Craftsman. I like the Tundras. If I needed a new truck I would buy one in a heartbeat. They are very good trucks.My brother-in-law was looking for a new 1/2ton 4x4 He and I test drove Chev, Ford, Dodge, and Toyota Tundra 1/2 ton 4x4s. Both of us agreed hands down. The Toyota was better than the big 3 American trucks espically off road. The Chev was a close second the Ford and Dodge were POS.

As for the being made in America thing. Just look around on the parts on Chev, Dodge, Ford, They come from all over the globe. There are a lot of parts on Chevys that have the "Mecho en Mexico" stamp. Chev, Ford, and Dodge all use forign engines in some of their vehicles. Its a global economy now. All the auto makers are hooked together somehow. And share parts with each other.
    I dont think there is a vehicle made that is strictly all "Made in America"

18. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thats cause Your from SoHum where everyone drives a Toyota
    /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Alright, exclusively was the wrong word, but the body is stamped here(dont remember the exact location), the drivetrain is built and asselbled in alabama, and the rest of the truck is assembled in Indiana. last i checked , fords tritons are built in canada, and dodges are assembled in canada. I know chevys casting plant is in NY, but i remember hearing that the trans is built in mexico( could be wrong). Do some parts still come from japan, yeah. Look arround on a new domestic and you would be surprised on what all says "made in japan" and "made in china".

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still missing the point. You're still using the word ASSEMBLED.

That trash is still manufactured in JAPAN. It is only assembled here to avoid the tax that our government will charge you if you try bringing a whole car over here.

You're concentrating too much on the fact that some minor skilled work is done in America, and failing to realize that the ultimate profit from the sale of the car is not in our economy, it's going overseas.

Mexico or Canada is a hell of a lot better than Japan. Although I prefer USA made products, I'll take a North American product over anything made in Japan.

And no matter what, until the day I did, I sure as hell am not going to make the 2nd biggest biggest purchase that I will ever make in my life and send that money overseas. I think we should hold public executions for treason for people that do such a thing.

I feel very strongly about this subject. Make your money here, spend it here, and damnit, KEEP IT HERE!!!! You're only screwing yourself by supporting a foreign economy instead of your own anyway....

20. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I hate Tundras because some fat bastard at work has one and he is always talking [darn] about my Yukon and about how his Tundra will stomp any Chevy or Ford on the road. Hmmm, he's got a 2002 Tundra and I have a 1992 Yukon, 10 years makes a difference in that. Wait till I get my 383 and see who's laughing. I'm gonna bet him that if I win, he doesn't eat for 3 days. He'll keel over and die just thinking of that. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif