Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hell of a time getting bolt off! help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblue, Sep 2, 2001.

1. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

my NP208 is leaking. Now usually I go to get it "Topped off" and most places do it for free. But now i went out there to top it off myself and the damn thing is stripped all to hell. What is the best way to get the top bolt off? I have tried vice grips, pipe wrench and no such luck. Thanks....

Surfing is Life...

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

They make special pliers for rounded off nuts and bolts. They work 100 times better than vice grips. The are not a locking plier like vice grips, but the ends look like part of a circle. You can pick them up for $10 about anywhere. Sorry kind of hard to explain. Another way would be like the ends were bent down.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

<font color=red>BIG F-----G HAMMER!!!!!</font color=red>

It works for everything else[​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red></font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Estebans-album>Take A Gander At My Truck Here.</a>

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

You can take a grinder or file under there, and make flats on it to grab hold of it with a crescent wrench, or if worse comes to worse, just tack a nut on it. When you put on the new one, make sure to coat the threads with anti-seize.

1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor
    &lt;a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com&gt;pugsley.alloffroad.com&lt;/a&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Pugsley on 09/02/01 04:50 PM.</FONT></P>

5. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I had a problem nut once. Got my Craftsman hand tools out, found the next size smaller socket. Pounded it on the bolt. Bolt came right off. Then you have to get the bolt out of the socket. Note...use LIFETIME warranty tools....it can beat the [censored] out of a socket!!

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!
    If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all!!

6. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

if you take a torch and heat it then let it cool it will come out

4x4k20