Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hell YEAH! Got a Dana 60 on the way !!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BrianDamage, Apr 27, 2006.

1. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

Well, I posted the other day about getting the 14 bolt ff and how I was going to have to go without a front shaft because of the change in gear ratios.

I fixed that problem this morning and go t a rebuilt dana 60 coming too! :D

(note to the ladies: I MAY be single after the wife finds out :wink1: )

dayum, I'm STOKED. I can't wait.

It'll probaly be later this summer before I can affford to swap them out...depending on my tire situation. Here's my situation: I am currently running 33x12.5's on the stock rims (what are they, like 15x8.5's? something like that?)

I want to eventually run 35's. I think my truck has had a 2.5 " lift installed on it, because the 33's have plenty of room. The thing is, that in order to keep the peace around here, I need to do this a little here and a little there to keep the wife happy.

So, can I run my current 33x12.5's on a set of 15x10 rims? I would like to just buy some rims now, run the rest of the tread off of these tires this year, and then next year buy some 35's, along with a 4" lift. I'd hate to buy some cheap 15x8's now, only to buy 15x 10's later.

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

congrats on the new beef

10" rims are perfectly fine for a 12.50 tire, doesnt matter if its 33" or 35". infact, tire manufacturers usually say to use at least a 8.5" rims for 12.50 tires

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

convert that rear 14bolt to disc and you should be able to run your current tires (unless your rims arent 8 lug...) :wink1:

4. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

both axles have disc and 8 lugs, so I gotta get new rims