Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hella driving lights? anybody have them???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Jan 28, 2004.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

well I was going to get them but I had to cheack the wattage first, 55 watts so I should be leagle /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

but they have 2 styles at pepgirls

angle eye's....had led ring around lights...59.00

500's.....nice attractive slim light,,looks blingin, 69.00

any body got them /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif I need to get lights befor I drive this /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I have a set of the 500's. I like them alot. They do come with 55W bulbs. They project really good light down the road.

Keep in mind these are a driving light, not a foglight. They can and will blind other drivers if aimed high at all.

John

3. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Yup, Got two sets of the 500's, really nice driving lights, even better when you swap in a 100w bulb!
    Also got the 550's on my truck and I think the 450's (salvage yard deal so not sure) I just have too keep them low so as not to offend the authorities.

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

You should be careful with those 100W bulbs. I have cracked more lenses with those 100 watters then I care to explain. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I switched/left alone the 55W bulbs and have never had another problem.
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    John

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I have a set of 550's.......in a box in my garage.

I bought them 2 years ago to mount under my rear bumper for back-up lights. I mounted them and then wired them...about 100 times, and I never got the things to work. I officially hate relays. I was blowing the 30 amp inline fuse everytime /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. So, they now sit in their box in my garage and I have some $15 Walmart lights mounted under the bumper...they work great!

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I've only cracked one lense with them, I usually blow the bulbs really easily with them though for some reason.
    I ran the 100w for about a year, and after all the problems I went back to 55w too. I just loved the output with the 100w bulbs though.
    I'm contemplating a set of Rally 4000's for my wifes van now. I really like the way the Hellas work.

As far as back ups I have the cheap parts store lights under the bumper too, and a set of tractor floods mounted on the roof rack.

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've got a set of Hella 500 series fog lights. They're brighter than my cheapie IPF driving lights. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Both sets have 55 watt bulbs.