Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hella long night for me, had to get a wrecker

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hunterguy86, Mar 13, 2007.

1. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Last night I thought it would be a good idea to go mudding. All went well till I drove through some standing water. I got down to the end to hard ground, turned around and was coming back. Thats when the trouble started. I slid of the road and into the deep stuff. I sunk the k5 to the frame and had about 4 inches of water in the cab. After I was stuck I shut the truck down till I could get help.

I called some buddies and ended up chaining 2 z-71's together to try and get me out. When I tried to refire the truck, it wouldnt crank fast enough because the starter was under water. I ended up draining the battery on the truck. We tried to pull the truck with the Z-71's but that didnt work. We ended up getting one of the trucks stuck and had to pull it out with the other.

This morning the water went down but the k5 was still burried. The area all around the k5 was slicker than owl sh!t.

I called a wrecker to come pull me out but he was unsuccesfull. He ended up having to get pulled out by his buddy in a 4x4 avalanch.

Next we got a 60 seires chevy (2 ton) wrecker. He was able to wench me out but then got stuck. The avalanch tried to get him out but had no luck.

By this point things were looking bad. The tow truck driver called a buddy of his in a 4wd mazda locked front and rear. The mazda was able to down and give me a jumpstart.

After I got my truck fired off it was all good from there. I tried to pull out the wrecker but I was just spinning. The mazda hooked to the front of me and we were able to get the wrecker out.

After freeing the wrecker from the hole, he was still unable to get enough traction to get back up the hill to the parking lot above. So, I hooked back up and drug the 2 ton chevy all the way up the hill.

What an adventure.

2. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

That made me tired just reading it.....:crazy:

I didn't think you were suppose to start a vehicle if the tailpipes were under water? Maybe I made that up, Hell I don't know.:doah:

3. hunterguy86

Here's a few pictures of my truck buried.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. hunterguy86

After getting out, the truck runs fine but I will go through and change all fluids in her just to be safe.

Oh and I forgot, when trying to get pulled out by the first wrecker, one of the grade 8 bolts sheared on the factory tow hook.

When the 2nd tow truck pulled me, we used j hooks around the front axle.

The front tow hooks will get welded to the frame.

5. TexasBlazerBoy

Ah hell you almost had it:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :wink1:

6. hunterguy86

Almost :haha::haha::haha::haha:

Oh yeah, maglights kick ass. I dropped mine in the water last night. I picked it up this morning and the thing still works after being submered all night. :bow:

7. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

damn this brings back memories...lol. did the same thing...looks EXAXLTY thte same. ceopt my story was...buddy in 86f-150 says...lets see how far i can get...dumbass ("dry" lakebed...) gets about 75 foot and starts spinnin he stops before hes buried. i slowly back out bout 5 mins later im stucjk as ****...used comealongs to get him out then we ripped one of my tow hooks off...lol. sat over night and used a hilift to get it up then snatched it out. ****ty night for me too. LOL

what tires are those?

8. hunterguy86

35x12.50x15 Procomp Mud Terrains.

9. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

There's like a million people here from TX, you couldn't post up and get some one from here to pull you out? Most would probably do it for free or for beer. :D What was the total cost of the wreckers and everything?

10. TexasBlazerBoy

Heck I would have done it for free, I mean gosh I am only 500+ miles away.

Lets see about $70 a tank, about 8 tanks there and back. I am sure I would break down at least once +500. Oh ya that would be worth it:wink1: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

11. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Ya be careful when hooking up multiple trucks to pull out a stuck rig. Once my cousin was helping pull out a stuck truck in a muddy/flooded field. He was secend in line. Well the hook came off the stuck truck went throught the 1st truck windshield, out the back window, through my cousins windshield and hit the seat so hard it bent it. Now when you sit in his teuck you kinda fall to the middle. If someone had been sitting there they could have been killed.

12. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I want to see some pic of the Mazda that saved you!!!!:D

13. wforicv

wforicv 1/2 ton status

- dang that's just wrong :haha: - wrong because you beat me to it !:haha:. Sounds like a fun night.

14. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Hahahaha! You call that stuck? C'mon mang, pull the grass outta your ass and get rollin!

Sorry dude, I just had to bust your balls. I am so envious right now because of all this rain and I can't play! Had I been up and runnin', I would have come down and yanked you out! Now I hope you learned your lesson on MUDDIN' alone without a winch. Mang, even your girl gave you grief! Hahaha! It's all good. Just a pre-Shiloh test, right? Better be prepared. You ain't seen MUD yet!

Manny

15. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Looks like the time I buried my Dad's '73. Same problem it looks like you had...a 'bubble' of sod over water, then you tear through the sod with the tires and rest on the pumpkins. eccchhh! Except I was 16, on a school night, and were my parents PISSED when my bud and I had to hitch a ride from some drunk, at 11:00pm, at a bar out in no-mans land (where we got stuck). That was after trying a tractor w/ a 3 point hitch and 2 pickups. Went back after school the next day in Dad's Willy's that had a pto winch, 4 banger and the skinny, tall tires. Chained the bumper to a tree, the winch to the Blazer hitch, and pulled 'er out. Then played in the mud w/ the Willy's for a while.

16. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

haha good story man...I'm with them though did you get any pics of this Mazda?

17. hunterguy86

Sry yall. I couldn't get any pics other than what I got. I was to worried about getting my rig out because it was starting to rain again and I was worried about the river coming out and turning my truck into a fish sanctuary.

18. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

so 6" of lift, 35's and a locker and you still couldn't budge in that goopey stuff? It almost looks dry in a few spots...was it not like that the night you got stuck?

19. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

[​IMG]

20. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

crazy. thanks for the story, glad your trucks okay