Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hello all participants! Your help is necessary!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by andrey busurgin, Jul 24, 2002.

1. andrey busurgin

andrey busurgin Registered Member

/forums/images/icons/confused.gif <font color="red"> </font color> The information on adjustment and replacement ring&amp;pinion on mine Chevy K-Blazer 1977 is very necessary for me. Forward axle DANA-44, back GM-12 bolt.

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

WOW /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Russia /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif welcome comrad Andrey /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. andrey busurgin

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif <font color="red"> </font color> Hello beater74!Thank!

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

sorry i can't help any on your question, but you have come to the best place to get the answers you need. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Are you changing ring and pinion ratios, or just trying to reset the originals?

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I think tx85gmcguy has undertaken this task. Daunting to say the least. If you weren't in Russia, I would say take it to a pro. Welcome aboard!!

John

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green">Here are some more instructions From Randy's Ring and Pinionfor installing ring gear sets. Excellent manual with pictures, in PDF format so it'll print out real nice.

</font color>

9. andrey busurgin

Hello!

Greetings Chris, Christopher, John, Steve, Evan! I am sorry for English (PC the translator) and a delay of the answer (a difference in time with you of 10 hours). Now ðàñêàæó about the machine. At me 77 K-Blazer, L-6 250 1-bl, TH-350, NP-203, DANA-44F 3.73, GM-12bl R 3.73. The machine good, very big and well goes at absence of roads. That afflicted the only thing is a strong rust of rear wheel arcs. The cog on pinion forward axle then has bursted. It was necessary to disconnect driveshaft and to take out axleshaft which appeared in bad condition and begin 4õ2. To find in Russia spare parts on old PIC-UP the big headache!!! Then it was possible to find front axle from Suburban D-44 3.54. And now it is necessary to replace ring*pinion either in forward or in rear axle.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: Hello!

<font color="green"> Andrey, it is good to see that there are Blazers in Russia! The web pages that were linked to above should give you everything that you need to set up your old gears in the new axle, but I am not sure that it is neccessary. I am not sure what part is broken in your current axle, it sounds like it is an axleshaft? In that case you could just replace the shaft. The only part that I can think would merit an entire axle replacement would be the carrier or the housing itself, since if it was the gears then there would be no sense in replacing them into the new housing. Can you try to describe further the broken part? Or maybe find a picture of what it is that is broken? </font color>

11. andrey busurgin

Are broken a cog on ring*pinion front axle. In a axle which I have put ring*pinion concerns 3.54 (was 3.73). Now I need to choose: or to put in a front axle 3.73 or in a rear axle (GM-12blt) 3.54. Therefore I have a question: is issued ring*pinion 3.54 for GM-12blt whether or not? I know process of replacement of a pinion gear, I am interested with all adjusting sizes necessary for it. By the way if it is interesting: ring*pinion for D-44 3.73 costs in Moscow 400-450 $.

12. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Sounds like a busted tooth. I think that is what 'cog' is??
    ring and pinion here cost $100.
    Good Luck on finding a replacement.

13. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I wonder how much shipping is to Moscow? I could find you a good used 3.73 Dana 44 set of gears here cheap and ship them. Just a thought.

Mike

14. andrey busurgin

About, it is interesting! Probably I shall take advantage of your help after I shall find out as to pay your charges for purchase and transfer of spare parts. And concerning date 9-11-2001 I am sincere ñîáîëåçíóþ to all Americans. I was with you all soul! <font color="red"> </font color> /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

15. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

Thank you!!!!!

16. andrey busurgin

Yes, it was a shock....... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif