Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hello All

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by greggsco, Jun 30, 2004.

1. greggsco

greggsco Newbie

I am new here, you guys have a great site! I am looking to buy a 87 K5 blazer thats in great shape. What are some problems these trucks suffer from besids the body rot ( southern truck thank god) and steering gearbox frame cracks? Its a 350 TBI power windows,locks,cruise etc... Whats a truck like this worth? Thanks for all your help!

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

fill out your profile so know where you are. If it has absolutely no rust and is in pretty good all around shape and is stock, around here it would be 3500-5000. Some places more, others less. 3500-4000 is prolly the most common i would say.

3. greggsco

greggsco Newbie

Sorry about that, I am from spartanburg SC. he' looking to get 4500 for it. Thanks for your reply.

4. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

show him $4000 and most likely he will take it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

87 has the 700r4 right? I'd drive it and really test the trans. The early 700s had problems if I remember right.
    BTW if your looking for a street/daily driver I'd say go for it if everything check out. But if you looking to build a K5 for trail use I wouldn't put more than a few hundred bucks in it. You'll want to save you money for the heavy stuff. (1ton axles, big meats, winches, rollcage, bumpers, sliders, extra trans, and tcases).

6. greggsco

greggsco Newbie

[ QUOTE ]
    87 has the 700r4 right? I'd drive it and really test the trans. The early 700s had problems if I remember right.
    BTW if your looking for a street/daily driver I'd say go for it if everything check out. But if you looking to build a K5 for trail use I wouldn't put more than a few hundred bucks in it. You'll want to save you money for the heavy stuff. (1ton axles, big meats, winches, rollcage, bumpers, sliders, extra trans, and tcases).

[/ QUOTE ] I will be using it as a weekend toy mostly, I am not sure if its a 700 or a 350 I would rather have the 3 speed though. Thanks again for your help