Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hello all

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by oleo, Mar 1, 2007.

1. oleo

oleo Registered Member

Looks like there may be a new name showing up on the forums with lots o' questions. I just bought a 76 k5 blazer. It needs a lot of work and my wife just doesn't understand. Why on earth would you buy a truck that doesn't even run?

Looking for some suggestions, on a build, we moved here to Albuquerque from New Orleans due to hurricane Katrina. So my offroad experiance in this neck of the woods (or lack there of) is limited. I was weened on 3 foot deep soupy mud, there wasn't a rock for miles and now we don't even have grass in our yard. LOL

I am looking at a 8" suspension lift with 37"-38" is this too much lift/tires for this terrain? I still have some time before this hap[pens due to engine work and welding in new floor pans, roll cage, etc........

Some suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

Olaf

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

way too much lift for rock crawling and desert trail running. The search feature on this site will become your friend and give you an idea of what others are doing. At the top of this forum is a "sticky thread" that has many different trucks listed with tire size and amounts of lift. For a truck that gets used you will see many people recommend 4" lift s and lots of fender trimming along with pushing the front axle forward to keep it out of the firewall. Just search on some topics and get an idea of what your usege will be before you start spending money. And go ahead and pony up the $25 for a membership. It is well worth it and will save you a lot of time and frustration during your build. Welcome to CK5

3. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the site, you're in the right place for GM knowledge.