Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hello and HELP *DELETED*

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1bigchev, Feb 4, 2003.

1. 1bigchev

1bigchev Registered Member

Post deleted by 1bigchev

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Re: Hello and HELP

Is the vibration only at cetain speeds?Does it do it in 4wheel drive or just with the rears turning?
    Try this.Take out the rear drive shaft and take the truck out in 4wd.if no vibes you at least have it narrowed down to the rear drive line.
    Wait..what tires are you running?Are they balanced?Try getting them balance if they aren't.The larger the tire the harder it is to balance them.Are your rims good(any excessive wt's on them).
    You already did the u-joints so take those out of the equation.Poss. the bearings in the transfer case are worn.
    If all else fails and you want to keep the lift you can lower the transfer case.
    my 2 cents worth.Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what have you tried so far?

4. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

well, usually about this time of year, I have the exact same problem. I am from Iowa and we get quite a bit of snow (usually) even when I get the smallest amount of ice on one sid of rim, it throws it way off. I haven't had this happen to my blazer yet, but on my car and other trucks its happened many times. I suppose in Utah, you wouldnt have that problem /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I am lost to why it would shake, I can't come up with anymore reasons than what has already been stated. Also, remeber all I know is stuff about the chevy SBs, can't help you much with the drive line. Oh, and also my tires will sometimes throw a balancing weight on my way to work. I just take it back to the guy who balanced it for me, and he fixes it for free.

5. Blazerholic

Blazerholic Registered Member

Assuming that you are running some serious rubber (10" lift!) I would replace the axle bearings. I once had a 68 C10 2wd that ate bearings to the point of grease fire! And that was with only 31x10.50's.