Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hello Colo Springs!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trouble1, Jan 13, 2003.

1. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

Made It!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    Whats to do here???

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Hmm, most of the tourist traps are closed for the winter. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think Cave of the Winds is open year round. It's a few miles west of I-25 on Highway 24. What kind of stuff are you looking for?

3. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

not sure...just toying around. I've spent the last couple of days hanging around Old Colorado City and Manitou...Garden of the Gods...etc...today was spent trying to find a new operating system /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Garden of the Gods is an awesome place to waste some time. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs are great places to blow some cash. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif If you cruise a little further up Highway 24, just after a tight right sweeper turn there's a large parking area on the right. It's the trailhead for Waldo Canyon. That's a pretty cool place to waste an afternoon. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Where are ya staying?

5. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

Kool!! Waldo Canyon trail was a pretty decent hike. I have to say I enjoy trails that can be wheeled a little more, but I'm all for the exercise thing. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifI'm at the Fountain RV Park at 30th & Colorado. So far I like the area..tryin to find a few days of side work. I may hike Pikes Peak in the morning. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

7. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

OK....I've seen Old Colo City...cool shops
    Manitou Springs....Bud on tap - always good
    Garden of the Gods
    Pikes Peak
    Waldo Canyon
    Cliff Dwellings
    Cave of the Winds.....
    all is cool!!! But, where do you find trails? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Have you been up to Woodland Park yet or Divide ? Cripple Creek was cool but I haven't been there since the Gambeling came to town. I started Wheeling around there by just taking old dirt roads. You could also get the Colo 4wd ass. Trails book it will have alot of cool trails around there. Now there is 4 of them. The next thing is to get some of the CK5'ers to take you out wheeling

Eric