Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hello from new member 77Jimmy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77Jimmy, Sep 3, 2002.

1. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hello!
    Just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the info. I've been browsing the posts for the past few months trying to learn about the 77 Jimmy (my first 4x4) I purchased a few months back. I've learned a ton of stuff already but I have a long way to go for sure (check out my bio and you'll see). Anyway, thanks in advance for all your help -- I will certainly need it! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Welcome..aboard! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

welcome /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

nice to see new members with their profile filled out.

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

There are quite a few very knowledgable members in the 'Hot'lanta area...Grim Reaper; moderator here, and an NP203 and Q-jet guru among other things. Depdog is also in the area as well as Keith and a few others I'm forgetting. You have a lot of good wheeling nearby too. Tellico for one.../forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Welcome to CK5!!

Rene

5. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Thanks, tRustyK5. I just sent you a PM.

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i would like to thank you, as a new person, who filled out his/her profile with as much as they could.

thank you.

7. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

Welcome!!

8. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

so you had a th400+np203 stock in your 77 jimmy?

anyways you couldnt have picked a better year jimmy /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

mike
    1977 K25 shortbed

9. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

welcome! you will like the people on here and they are so helpfull and have lots of info! and you will love your k5 you got a good year! i have had a 77 and an 87 but now i have a 78 but i still miss my 77, i restored it from the ground up, and just finished the restore on my 78!
    kelly

10. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

HEY another GA. boy /forums/images/icons/grin.gif . welcome, what part of town do you live in? theres several of us around here, Grimmy and bigjbear ride with this club http://www.gbr4wd.com/ i am also planning on riding with them in the near future. come on over to my place this week end and give me a hand putting on my lift /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif .

11. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yep, th400 and np203 were stock. Luckily, the guy I bought it from had the original RPO codes for the vehicle. In reality, I guess I got lucky on the purchase b/c it was only after I bought it and started to research everything using this site, that I realized what I should have been looking for. My main concerns when looking for a Jimmy or Blazer was a rebuilt engine and rebuilt tranny. I figured if those two pieces were OK then I'd have won half the battle. Little did I know! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Thanks to all for the nice welcome!

12. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hey All.
    Sorry to all for flooding this string w/ my replies -- am still getting my feet wet. Is there a way to reply to all?

beater74,
    I live in the Roswell/Alpharetta area. Looking forward to some rides. Thanks for the invite but I'll have to pass /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I'm changing diff fluids and spark plugs this weekend -- see exactly was or what was not done by the prior owner to maintain the vehicle. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

zakk,
    Yea, after browsing this site for about 3 months, I had seen enough posts and requests by members for people to fill out their profile that I knew that was the first thing I better do! Seeing as how I need a bunch of help, I figured I better provide everyone w/ as much info as possible! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

13. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

have fun!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Is there a way to reply to all?

[/ QUOTE ]

no there isn't. but the way you are doing it (making a *name here*: *name here*: list) is the SOP.

Congradualtions on a nice find. I skimmed over that part of your inital post, evidetly.

every one KNOWS '77 was the best year /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

oh, wait, we BOTH have '77's! howboutdat! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

15. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Welcome............. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

16. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Welcome! And also thanks for spending some time finding out what good info is already on the site instead of just signing up and posting the first stupid question that came to mind.

17. tRustyK5

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    and posting the first stupid question that came to mind

[/ QUOTE ]
    I still do that.../forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Rene

18. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

mike reeh,
    I made a mistake! /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif Eventhough the original RPO codes I have for the vehicles say 1M40 (which according to Chuckschevytruckpages is th400), I crawled under the vehicle tonight, looked at the shape of the transmission pan, and determined that I have a th350 (again, using chucks). I have changed my bio accordingly. I wrote down the numbers on the tranny that were close to the front of the tranny pan and want to look those up tomorrow (if that is possible). Anyway, sorry for misleading everyone! I guess when the seller said the tranny was rebuilt a couple of years ago he meant that a new tranny was put in. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

19. tRustyK5

The seller most likely got a new or different T-case at the same time then. The TH400 version NP203 has a 32 spline input where the TH350 vesion is a 27 spline unit. They could concievably have swapped input gears...but likely picked up a Tranny/T case as a matched set.

Rene

20. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Maybe the glove box door is not right for the vehicle. Check the vin on the build sheet and compair the VIN to the one on the dash.
    TH400 was pretty rare in a K5. Usually only 3/4 tone or better trucks got that tranny The only one that might have got it was a Chalet or a Casa Grande That had the sb 400 engine. Your build sheet doesn't say "camper "or "Casa Grande" on it does it?
    The code for a TH350 is 1MX1