Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hello, I'm new

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by red71cheyenne, Apr 6, 2002.

1. red71cheyenne

red71cheyenne Newbie

Hello, I\'m new

Hi, lots of info bouncing around here. Wanted to know if anyoine had any info for replaceing the rear hatch on my 69 Blazer. I'm thinking I'm going to need a new one, if thats possible. Thanks, Jeff.

2. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

Re: Hello, I\'m new

I don't remember if it was for 72 and older or 73 and newer, but there was a post a while back about replacement hatches that were running around $400 (new). Do a search in this forum and "The Garage" and you might find it. Maybe someone else remembers seeing this?

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

theres usually one in the forsale forum. whats wrong with yours. is it busted or a bad latch? there easy to change, but really expensive

nathan

4. red71cheyenne

red71cheyenne Newbie

Yeah, my hatch itself is ok, but the handle, and all the metal parts are just shot. I really don't know the best way to go about repairing it, but thought I'd look into a new one. Thanks for the replies, Jeff.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Jeff
    If thats all it is look in the for sale board or al <a target="_blank" href=http://www.LMCtruck.com>www.LMCtruck.com</a> you can get that a lot easier and cheaper. If one side isnt turning forward so it will catch the latch then hold the gate up and turn the knob. with the knob turned reach to that side and flip it down it will catch then so it doesnt rattle. also if you lift it up there should be a little acces door ther with 02 5/16th head screws. take those out and you can usually fix the prob easily. if you need more help or cant find stuff on the website. let me know and i'll tell you somew more places

nathan

6. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

dude theres one for sale in the for sale forum. i forgot the name but it posted on 3/24/02 check it out. its in a parts list for 75.00

nathan