Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hello Kitty K5???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cmahometech, Mar 26, 2005.

1. cmahometech

cmahometech Registered Member

My wife wants me to build her a k5. Great right. I don't know. I think I can make it okay. What do you think? Here is the concept:
    It will be a pink Blazer with ghost flames. The interior will receive all the Hello Kitty fuzzy little accessories that she can find. This will include seat covers, fuzzy dice, steering wheel covers, etc. The go-fast goodies will include a 350/700r4 drivetrain built to about 300 horses. The suspension would receive a 4" lift to fit 33's. The exterior would also be about chrome, she says "lots of chrome". She likes that Trace Adkins song. What do you think? Could it be done and not be absolutely horrific? I think it would be cool for her, but I would not want to "offend" my fellow four-wheelers.
    Cmahometech

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I think the words "pink" and "K5" do not below in the same post.

That is all I have to say about that.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Voted most likely to cause immediate wretching on sight...:crazy:

Sorry, I think it sounds beyond hideous, but that's my opinion.

Rene

4. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

all thought that is somthing that i would not want to be caught dead in, one thing i have learned in life is to keep the woman happy, what the woman wants, the woman gets...and in turn she keeps you happy:D

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

What the hell, is she some sort of long haul trucker or something? You need to put Your foot down and let Her know that chrome is so 80's. Build Her one that is flat black then it would be bitchin!

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Lifted + bling is going to look terrible. IMO, if she wants foofooy stuff and bling everywhere you should LOWER the thing, tint the windows, put the BLING rims on it and pink fuzzy poop in the interior. As a design idea, combining a lift + traditionally-lowered-rig bling just doesnt work for me.

j

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

sho enough,i really don't care what anyone else drives.i'm sure people think my truck looks gay being bright green. thats cool. i think blue is played out. too each his own.LOL

8. TOBYONE

TOBYONE Registered Member

paint it black with pink pin stripes maybe pink interior with darrkkk tinted windows, just a thought .

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Avon calling...

I've seen a pink S-10 blazer running around a nearby town,its a "Mary Kay" Cosmetics lady that sells make-up!--looks ,well,lets say its "special"--all it needs is a rainbow sticker on the tailgate...:crazy:

Best color for a K5 is Hugger Orange,or Black,in my opinion--I saw a purple glitter one once,jury is still out on that one!--Sky Blue or Turquoise is cool too...

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think sense it's for your woman, it's perfectly fine too build it however she wants it. Sounds too me like it'll mostly be a mall cruser and not a hard core off roader. I think you should do what ever you and your woman want, heck, it's yours.

11. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Certainly not my taste and I think it inappropriate for a K5, woman or not. That said, she has a right to (have you) build it any way she wants. Just don't let anyone see ya do it. :D

12. captaininsano

captaininsano 1/2 ton status

You should be banished from Ck5 forever for this sacrilige! :dunno:

Nah j/k, if she is gonna wheel it then screw it, kinda funny, cept draw the line at putting one of those damn stupid stickers on the gas filler area!

13. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

I say build it

if you have a gun to your head!!!!!

well hell your truck your money do what please you the most but

that is just wrong in to many ways.

please to NOT post pics
    thank you

14. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:
    Please tell me your kidding so I can wake up from this horrible nightmare. It's a joke right. I may not be a typical minivan driving soccer mom, but I think if I was this would still seem wrong in so many ways. But really, if you have to do it, try to get her to go as dark on the exterior pink as possible, maybe one of those dark metallic pinks that looks more maroon than pink most of the time? And maybe a pink Hawaiin theme inside instead of Hello Kitty? If built as you described it would be the coolest K5 my 4 year old daughter has ever laid eyes on, but I think everyone over 10 years old, male or female, would just laugh. Some suggestions instead, maybe one of those pink urban camo designs, that would be pink, cute, feminine, but still a little tough with the camo pattern. You could do that interior and/or exterior. Maybe pink hawaiin theme, or pink flame theme. Would she be content with 1 Hello Kitty around the rear view mirror, and maybe some floor mats? That wouldn't be so bad (really it would, but it'd be a compromise). Let us know how it goes, but if you post pics, please put a warning on anything pink especially plush pink Hello Kitty.:grin:
    :haha: :haha: :haha:

15. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

First of all,

no

Second of all

NO

Third of all

This is honestly the stupidest idea i have ever heard.
    Please say, GOT YA and end this horrible joke.

16. cmahometech

cmahometech Registered Member

Thank You All

;) the responses seen by my wife convinced her that this would not be a good idea as it would be hideous. I had to make my initial message unbiased so as not to tilt the responses in my favor, which is NOT to build it. I told her I would give her idea to the best 4x4 community out there and let them tell her what they thought. She actually wants a k5 to go mudding, and thought this would be a good way to make it her own. Again, thank you all for your input as this creation will have died on the drawing table where it belongs.

17. tyco91burban

tyco91burban Registered Member

I think what the wife wants she should get. In my house if Mamma is not happy nobody is happy. Also you build what she wants then she will let you build more of what you want on your own rig. just a thought.

And from larey the cable guy

just GET UR DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

If it makes her happy go for it. The pink sounds different. I bet there is not another pink K5 around. I personally hate Hello Kitty, but what do I know.

Make her happy, it will make you happy in the long run. Heck my wife wants a Scooby Doo Mystery Machine Van paint job if I ever do one for her.

19. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Dude... do the pink camo paint outside, tint all the windows limo dark, and put whatever she wants inside... if she wants a pink interior, tell her it's gonna not be pink for long... nohting wrong with a pink paintjob as long as its done right.

20. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I say to go for it! I think people get too hung up on the colors of things!!! Of course, you need to take this with a grain of salt since I'm color blind.....:D