Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hello....

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JIMs70K25, Feb 2, 2005.

1. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

... anybody in here?????

2. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

No kidding! It has been so dead in here lately. Someone needs to come up with a hypothetical type question - anything so long as it is 1st gen specific.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

o.k. then i had a 70 3/4 ton gmc truck and how would i have fixed the rusted out draging the ground bed / and the cab with no floor at all that droped and poped the gas tank? and the winshield frame that you could stick your fingers threw ? o and the frame rusted out in back you could bend by hand. but the frt fenders and hood were like cheery and the drive train was still going. any input on this wanted info question would be good if i still had it. hated to cut it up thow she was a stong ox, i misshere so.

4. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

As I have started to dig into my "rust free" '72 k5 project I have discovered all sorts of neat rust areas :thumb: . I got really sad imagining what would happen if I don't take care of it. Then I read your post, thanks for painting the picture.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

my dad was second owner from ex race car staffer at watkins glen race track. and it was 4x4 4 speed/205 350 44open knuk drum brakes/60ff 4.56 and would just go!!!!!! it had all sorts of old metel race tags on the glove box that i still have and it had stickers on roof in cab of the same stuff with lots of memorys. i bet if i found old pics of races it would be in there. se was brown and white roof and back of cab.my dad put on 8.5 western plow and it just plowed its guts out all the time. the truck got so bad i finaly striped it out and sent her to the scap pile.

see still lives in mind spirit and parts. i have the frt bumper that was put on from first owner its a wrecher style pusher. and the axle are waith a friend for his project 67-72 swaper from 1/2 to3/4 .

i have the steering colom yet if any bodys looking for 1. wheel is cracked to hell. but colom good . no tranny stuff it was stick like i said. let me know. i can still get the factory warn hubs from it if some 1 wants them. thay are bolt on and have a bearing unit between the hub and hub for the shaft to ride on, and the hubs are alum with brass dial and steel cup and slide pins.

6. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

only difference between that truck and my 70 GMC is I only have 4.10s and factroy power-lock in the rear 60.

7. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Yep, has been awfully quiet - I did get my 454 fired up again after having the oil cooler off for about a month. Couldn't find the time to get one of the lines re-crimped. Life needs to slow down so I can have some free time!!!!! Until then, at least I get to look at my trucks when I feed the cats :(

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahahah My dog's food is next to my blazer hahaha

Hey on the 12th I should have the 454 running...I'm gonna take some pics to post in here of how it looks in the engine bay with all the 'stuff' on it:D

9. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Then you're gonna come over and get mine running. Right Burt?;)

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Oh sure, I'll be right over. How does 3oclock sound hahahahaa
    Have a GREAT weekend everyone:D
    Burt

11. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Well I got my rear bench seat and the front buckets are due to arrive Monday. PRP competition high back.

anybody got recommendations on 5 point harnesses????

12. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

My 70 K5 is sitting in about 30 inches of snow-no garage and it is -8 this morning, maybe I will see how well the new battery starts when its this cold.