Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hellroaring BIC vs. WranglerNW... which is better?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Jun 27, 2001.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I am going to install a dual battery system in my truck. The thought of getting stuck due to a dead battery whether 20 miles into the backwoods or 20 miles from home where I have to get other help, scares the sh!t out of me! So, I have seen reviews on both of these products, but I want some real testimonials. Anyone using either one of these? What do you think of it? How hard to install? Any recomendations?

85 GMC Jimmy, 305 w/TH700-NP208, 4" lift, 32X11.5 BFG ATs, 15x10 Eagles, Smittybuilt tube nerf bars and bumbers

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I've got the Hellroaring unit and really like it.I don't know if the Wrangler unit allows you to combine the batteries if your doing heavy winching or the ability to boost one battery with the other like the Hellroaring unit does.I also like the optional incab controller you can get for the Hellroaring.It allows you to controll the functions in the cab.The L.E.D. on it also shows you if the batteries are charging properly.This is just my opinion.

<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/picture/p8947726813026de684f60e0bd6f3fbfe/fe8f5839.jpg>http://www.zing.com/picture/p8947726813026de684f60e0bd6f3fbfe/fe8f5839.jpg</A>

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have the Wrangler NW.
    Checjk out there site for the in-cab switch positions/functions. It does have an emergency connected position
    It does not give indication of correct charging.

Excellent part (cables,relay, switches, battery posts,) and excellent customer service.

Buy the tray from GM - should be cheaper. I can get you the part # or just aske for the aux tray for a diesel in your year.

Dave

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

4. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

i've got the hellroaring, and i love it. I made a custom battery tray and also put on a ford selonoid. I've had my selonoid drown in the water and make my starter keep cranking and destroy my battery, cable, and starter. The led on the hellroaring can tell you if you are exceeding your alternators capacity, and also tells you what mode you are in. It is also all electronic. The company is run by one guy and i think he has a secretary. They are very good about answering all and any questions. I was very satisfied with them and a very quality product. Don't know anything about the wrangler one. Later - Doug

Doug Krebs

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I have the WranglerNW just like the one in 4WOR article last (?)month.....good service.....quality parts....I liked the price....I'd do business with them again.....JD

Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hellroaring is the way to go! Very small unit, easy to hook up, GREAT customer service, AWSOME product!
    I put mine in over a year ago and it is still keeping my dual Optimas at full charge. When I first installed it I made a rookie mistake and literally SMOKED the unit, smell was nasty! Anyway I called up Hellroaring and told him what I had done and he said no problem and sent me a bran new unit FREE!!! WOW great I thought I had lost my a$$ on that mistake. Anyhoo I am very pleased with the performance of that little black box! Like the other said get the remote modual too cuz it sure is nice to beable too tell that your altinator is doing it's job and keeping your dual batts fully charged!!
    Go Hellroaring and never look back!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099</A>