Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELLYEA!!!! 42s 42s 42s 42s 42s...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Feb 2, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I Gotz ferty toos! Anyone care to congradulate me??? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AWWWWW HELL YEA!!!

-Dan

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Congrats Krazie, those are gonna be nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Got sawzall? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Hmm i never really thought of puting 42s on way before I could clear them. Interesting... I hate the sound of tire vs fender so just wondering what are you going to do about it? Please don't say just hack the crap out of your fenders?

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Now it's time for sawzall!!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

6. BadDog

Oh yeah, welcome to the "big-uns" world! (ref to Al Bundy) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. BadDog

Hmmm, lets see, pay $1500+ for 12" or so of stiff, butt busting lift requiring a ladder for entry and a bucket truck to wash the windshield, or pay $10 to hack the fenders to keep the springs soft and flexy with a low CG for better trail AND road manners. "I'll take Hack the fenders for $10 Jay"...

BTW, if you simply meant "do a nice, neat job when you cut the fenders, rather than a butcher job, then I agree... I’m sure Krazy will do a good job, he tries to keep his truck fairly nice without holding to “mall cruiser” images.

8. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

man those tires look really good next to yer blazer. now put em on and hack those fenders then you can show us some pics.

jacob

9. BadDog

Haha, I missed that. That will teach me to look closer at the pics. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

ya didn't notice they weren't mounted on there or what?

jacob

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I had to look twice...then do a mental comparison to my truck on 40's with 5" of lift.

Dan has some serious sheetmetal trimming to get busy with. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rene

12. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif those are going to be sweet on there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif lets see some pics with them on /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Looks good, Thanks for the tease. Now go bolt those on and get us some more pic's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

cool.
    no sawzall required, TSLs are self clearancing.

hey whats all that white foamy looking stuff on the ground?

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yeah I meant don't hack them at all but if you do a nice neat job I could see it being nice. I have never seen a neat job of fender cutting, just really crappy ones. I almost bought my ideal truck on 42s. I think my next truck may get a nice neat jobber. Say 6 or 8" front springs. ORD shackle flip out back and 2" or 4" springs and some fender trimming maybe she will sit on 42s. I agree that lower is better for actual use and all. I mean look in top truck challenge in Fourwheeler you never see a truck with 12" lift springs. About the biggest lift you see from springs in there is avrage 4". I want good road tires though so I may go with 6" and fender cutting for a set of 39 Thornbirds.

16. BadDog

That's right. I admit it, I was fooled. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I thought it was just a "test fit" where he bolted them on and set it down to see what needed done. Didn't notice there were no hubs protruding or any of the other ques. Oh well...

17. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I want good road tires though so I may go with 6" and fender cutting for a set of 39 Thornbirds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better leave the Suckbirds out of that equation /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

18. BadDog

Sounds like you need to do some serious research. For one thing, Thornbirds (aka Turdbirds and dozens of other derogatory mutations) are generally considered to be terrible on and off road, only good for complete posers who “just want the look”. Doing a search here and on other boards should turn up plenty of info. As for nice cut jobs, just look at Steve's (owner CK5, lots of pics in the tech section) UAV and many others on this site, many of them look like they came that way from the factory. Good luck, hang out here and read, you’ll find lots of great info (go back over the last year or so of posts in the Garage (only a few months old) and the 73-91 forum in your free time for a “crash course”).

19. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

As bad dog said, Steves blazer has nice fender trimming, But i Drool on yunits fender trimming,

20. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

sweet, cant wait to see some pics with them on /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif