Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP 1982 JImmy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ANTMAN, Jan 27, 2001.

1. ANTMAN

ANTMAN Registered Member

Can anyone help with this problem? I have a vibration within
    what i think is in the drive train. Have new front and rear U joints put in. New rebuilt 350 replaced old 305 had vibration with it also. Does not vibrate all the time and only between
    35 and 45 mph. does not happen when cold only when vehicle warms up. I am at a loss as well as many mechanics.
    Any ideas out there?

2. 4x4man

4x4man Registered Member

hmmmm,,,,,ever check your tires? do u feel the vibration in the seat or on the steering wheel. if u can feel the vibration in the seat,,,,its usually going to be in the rear. if u feel it in the steering wheel,,,,,its probably going to be in the front.. give me some specifics on the jimmy,,,,,,,,lift? tires? tranny? tcase?,,,,,,,,i might be able to help you

3. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

check and see if a weight was knocked off the driveshaft when the U-joints were installed, and if they are not greased profusely they will fail, by starting to vibrate first.......js