Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help, 1990 ford taurus gurus: tire sizes help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jul 13, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ok, friend of mine has a 1990 ford taurus and the tires on it have been shot forever and so i have a set of few month ollf 215 70 14 tires and we are putting them on the car,

now- he has mix and match oddball 14" sizes of tires on the car,

a friend of his has told him that they wont work, sayus are too wid eor some crap, which i find to be a bunch of B.S. ! i am trying ot explain to these doofusses that there were tens if not hundreds of optional and avaialble tires and wheels sizes and combos available when you order new cars and they probably had 16" stuff of rthem, that year let laone 15" too.

i need someone who knows about these 1990 tauruses to give the low down on whether they think or know for a fact that the 215 70 14 tires will work just fine on the car and maybe even show me wgere i could see a list of optionla sizes offered for the tauruses

thanks for anything at all

stupid career drunks realllllly PISS me off ! if i wasnt gonna go to jail fo rit then id beat the opiss out of them in an instant,.

i have has alot of stress, sorry. i used ot be abnle to put up with stupidity, but damn.... it is getting ridiculous anymore!

thanks

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I didn't think there was a Taurus or Sable that lasted long enough to wear out tires...I sent mine to the crusher with less than 90,000 on it/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

The SHO's came with 16" rims (15" at the very least)

Rene

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I didn't think there was a Taurus or Sable that lasted long enough to wear out tires...I sent mine to the crusher with less than 90,000 on it/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

The SHO's came with 16" rims (15" at the very least)

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ! yeah thats how i feel about all ford products especially later model FWD POS ones like theses and topaz and tempo and excort and so forth and so on

only thing about this car though is that his dad bought the car new but passed away about 5 years ago, so.. you know.. but the car has been beat by drunk-ed driving and hit alot of curb stops and fornt alignment is shot and so forth.. run on flat tires before, etc..

thanks for anything further... at all..

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

those will work...who cares if they rub? just dont turn the wheel all the way, it'll be fine

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

thats doesnt help much, man. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

thanks though

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    ok, friend of mine has a 1990 ford taurus and the tires on it have been shot forever and so i have a set of few month ollf 215 70 14 tires and we are putting them on the car,

a friend of his has told him that they wont work, sayus are too wid eor some crap, which i find to be a bunch of B.S. ! i am trying ot explain to these doofusses that there were tens if not hundreds of optional and avaialble tires and wheels sizes and combos available when you order new cars and they probably had 16" stuff of rthem, that year let laone 15" too.

i need someone who knows about these 1990 tauruses to give the low down on whether they think or know for a fact that the 215 70 14 tires will work just fine on the car and maybe even show me wgere i could see a list of optionla sizes offered for the tauruses

stupid career drunks realllllly PISS me off ! if i wasnt gonna go to jail fo rit then id beat the opiss out of them in an instant,.

i have has alot of stress, sorry. i used ot be abnle to put up with stupidity, but damn.... it is getting ridiculous anymore!

thanks

[/ QUOTE ] Give your friend a ride to the Chevy dealership. Problem solved. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

thanks

[/ QUOTE ] Give your friend a ride to the Chevy dealership. Problem solved. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

true yueah.. he wont look at it that way at all, i wont drive it or 99% of the fords out there on the road or off the road, but man most of the new made today are not worth a damn either, so hmmm..

anyone know of any info online even, that would help me findout what will or would fit on this taurus ? or to show me what was available for sizes on them ? told him i would find out by end of monday, i dunno if local ford dealer would help any, it was bought new from the ford dealer here, hmm...

i wonder...

8. tRustyK5

I got some good info here when I had my Sable.

http://www.tauruscarclub.com/

Forums just like here...if you can believe it./forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I got some good info here when I had my Sable.

http://www.tauruscarclub.com/

Forums just like here...if you can believe it.:)

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]
    damn fords..

i went straight to chat room and was told that 205 70 14 would be stock on 90 taurus and 215 70 is no problem at all

sound right ?

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10. tRustyK5

Sounds right to me...mine had 205 70 14's I think. Kinda hard to check now that it's been crushed

Rene

11. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds right to me...mine had 205 70 14's I think. Kinda hard to check now that it's been crushed

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

nice, nice /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif