Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP- - 2 Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wsudu, Nov 22, 2000.

1. wsudu

wsudu Registered Member

Hello....I have an 83, and the other day I noticed a vibration when I was driving. This vibration comes only under load....only when I am giving it gas, even a little...When I let off completly and it is rolling it's fine. When it's in netural, it's fine. This vibration picks up with speed...I don't know what it is..Rear end, tranny, transfer case,engine? Last what do you guys with light bars do with the power cables. Where do you put em?....Thanks WSUDU

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Check your U-joints.

Rene

[​IMG]

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I would start with wheel balance and go from there, u joints, drive shaft....... my wheel weights were the culprit but I checked them last. They were all out of balance. I had installed a 3 inch lift also so I dropped the tcase 1 inch and that was a help too. good luck

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

Check your u-joints!!!! I had the same problem exactly. Crawl under the truck and shake the drive shaft. If it has play then replace them. Don't forget the clips that come with the u-joints.......my guess is thats the problem......js

5. FLWIV440

FLWIV440 Registered Member

Had the same exact problem,after checking the u-joints, took rear differential cover off and guess what,MISSING TEETH! hope this helps.