Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help... 2003 tahoe window part

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Oct 1, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

If anybody has GM service manuals or has worked on one of these windows, I would really like some advice.

On the rear passenger door, the window quit working, so we bought a new window motor. Took it apart to find its not the motor that is messed up, but the black plastic pulley housing the motor splines into. On this pulley the cables are wound, but one of the cables had jumped loose, jammed up in the pulley and destroyed the groved pulley and housing. Can I get this little pulley/housing thing at the parts store? Does it come with new cables? Also one of the cables ended up being a bit frayed in one place, which may make it no longer work.

How do I know how which way to wrap the cables onto the pulley? Also I think the cable kinda jumped loose from its track inside the door somewhere toward the top of the door. Its sure tight and hard to see in there. Does anybody have any diagrams that would help me figure this out?

My dad is about to the point of taking it to the stealership, but if somebody here can help explain to me how to fix it, I would save the day and my whole ck5 endeavors would probably be more supported.. So please somebody point me in the right direction to fix this thing :bow: :bow: :bow:

thanks,
    James

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

you need to make 2 trips for parts.

1st is return of the new motor.

2nd is dealer for new regulator assembly.

sorry thay blow up all the time on these new plastic cars and trucks. i replaced one at 40k miles for a guy. :mad:

3. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

link no works.

but a complet regulator is what you need. i think the gm units come with a new motor if i recall.

i would not run advanced junk or auto zone junk. we get to much crapy parts from them at work. go grab the gm unit and be done with it.