Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP! 208 clicking at me

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ducttape114, Feb 6, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

my np208 is makeing a nasty cliking noise during aceleration. it makes a irritating click while cruiseing and coasting. i jacked up the rear end and spun the drive shaft. it seems to click once about every rotation of the shaft. any ideas? ive never looked at the insides of a 208 so i have no idea what to think. thanks

2. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

are you sure its not your drive shaft check the rear u joint it will do that if the caps are loose

3. ducttape114

yes, i i just changed the u-joint. and i was lieing under the truck and spinning the shaft, it is definetly coming out of the T-case.

4. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

have you checked the fluid levels in the tcase....it takes ATF so fill it up and if you have are you sure you pulled the drain plug and not one of the spring retainers bolts out..? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

5. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

The 241 in mt truck started similar noise.Fluid was too low and pump locked up.Still worked OK,just made noise.The bracket that holds pump still had broken and pnmp was rotating with rest of assem.Found out what it was after replacing case. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. ducttape114

hmmmmmm. how hared is it to open up a 208 and look at the pump? im gonna go change the fluid and see if that helps. thanks