Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP! 241 T-Case problems!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90BlazerK5, Apr 5, 2002.

1. 90BlazerK5

90BlazerK5 Registered Member

Heres what its doing. Dang thing doesn't want to stay in 2-hi. I move the shift selector up there, and it will stay for a little while, but now, almost every time I accelerate, it'll work its way back down into 4-hi, creating a hellacious grinding noise. I thought it might be a bad linkage adjustment, but after playing with it for an hour, I finally removed the damned thing (linkage), and no go- it still does the same thing. 4-hi and 4-lo work perfect. If I put it back in 4-hi, which is where it seems to want to be, I don't get any more grinding. Any ideas on what could be causing this??

2. 90BlazerK5

Nobody has any experiences with this?!! I'm going to drop it out of hte truck today and open it up... see if maybe the forks are worn out.

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Mine moves, but not enough to put it in 4hi. Let me know if it's the forks. Maybe mine needs a rebuild...

4. 90BlazerK5

Ok.. got it fixed! When I popped the rear tailshaft housing off, the snap ring that holds the shaft in place fell out. Got a new snap ring, popped it in, and no more problem as of yet! Stick still moves a little bit, but its always done that. I'm just glad I didn't have to go any further into the T-Case!