Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP! 700r4 question.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TEAMROPER, Feb 24, 2007.

1. TEAMROPER

TEAMROPER Registered Member

The tranny wont shift from first to second until 3000 rpm's.. Changed the tranny today took out a 700, 208 put in a rebuilt 700 with a 205 TC. Test drove it, same problem. WTF! Blazer was running fine this problem started about a week ago.. Any help would be great. Thanks..

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Have you set the TV cable? If not you will kill that tranny in a matter of minutes.

3. Bigdawg234

Bigdawg234 Registered Member

yep he's right, it either needs set, or its froze up, cause thats what was wrong with mine, grab the cable up by the carb linkage, if it moves freely in and out, and springs back in, then it probably needs set, and bein that you had this problem with 2 transmisions, its most likely that cable.

4. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

You should definitely get a new TV cable. In order to properly set it you will need a pressure guage installed on your transmission. Bowtie Overdrives sells them as a kit with a 7 foot hose with the guage on the end so you can freely move around. If you dont feel comfortable doing it, go have it done. Otherwise that will be wasted money on a rebuilt tranny.

5. TEAMROPER

TEAMROPER Registered Member

thanks for the help. I did adjust the cable. Same problem. It still moves freely. I pulled the governer and that seemed to be ok. I did read the Bowtie Overdrive instructions and KIND-OF understand the pressure thing. That is who rebuilt it. I was wondering if it is due to it sitting for about a year. I had it rebuilt and put it on the shelf.

6. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Did you buy their relay kit? They dont tell you that you need it unless you ask. Dont know if that would cause your problem. You could just give them a call if they are the ones who built it. They SHOULD help you out.