Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help..72 K5 leans toward driver side

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by codagoshi, Mar 31, 2002.

1. codagoshi

codagoshi Registered Member

I own a 72 K5 4x4 with a four inch spring lift, block rear w/33x12's. The truck has 90,000 original miles. It leans toward the drivers side, is this common, is there a fix for it. Has anyone else experienced this. The springs are from superlift, I bought them used, but it appeared to lean before I put the lift on.I would appreciate any help solving this problem. Thanks

2. BluThndr71JMMY

BluThndr71JMMY 1/2 ton status

Did you check your tire pressure first? I don't mean to be a smart @$$, but I'd start there. If air is OK: Could be body mounts. Could be springs.

3. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

If it actually was leaning to the drivers side before you replaced the springs, they are pretty much ruled out. Could be body mounts. Has your truck ever been in a severe accident? Bent frame maybe?

Evan

4. cleszkie

cleszkie 1/2 ton status

How much do you weigh? Just kidding. I agree with the others. Check your body mounts. I recently replaced the front radiator support mounts on my K5 and it leveled it out (the front clip was leaning to the passenger side).

5. codagoshi

codagoshi Registered Member

Thanks for answering my post, guys...the truck may have been in an accident, I purchased it a year ago from the original owner in colorado...The radiator supports are good, no rust, the body cushions do appear to have some bad wear, and I will also take it to a frame shop to see what they think...again, thanks.

6. BlzrProne17

BlzrProne17 Registered Member

One of my K5 buddies had a problem with his mounts as well. The rear ones were basically non-existant. At first glance I though he was just saggin' really bad. Then I drove it.... OH MY GOD. Ever had one of those near-death driving experences? My advice is to check out the truck and don't take the driver's word for it. Hell I wouldn't even steal my truck because of certain.... steering tricks and post-accident mishaps.
    Matt

7. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

my body mounts were nonexistant.i changed them and that fixed my problems