Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help after 4" install

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1STK5, Aug 11, 2002.

1. 1STK5

1STK5 Registered Member

Help after 4\" install

I recently installed a 4" suspension lift on my 85K5. Two problems, steering wheel is 3/4 upside down with a short turning radius to the right and the truck vibrates between 20-25 mph( very little vibration when I get on it). Thanks in advance for your help.
    Chas

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Re: Help after 4\" install

Disconnect the draglink(arm between the steering arm on the axle and the arm on the steering box), and center your steering wheel. Do this by counting how many turns you get from lock to lock. Then center the steering wheel(1/2 of the overal amount of turns). Adjust the draglink to fit into the arm on the steering box and bolt it back together. That should fix the crooked wheel and the lack of turning to the one side.

As far as the vibration, did you drop the t-case crossmember? It is probably due to the rear driveshaft angles. If dropping the t-case doesnt take care of it, youll need to install shims under the rear springs.