Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help all my lights are messed up and i have a safety tomorrow

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chris12, Sep 26, 2006.

1. chris12

chris12 1/2 ton status

Forest Ontario, 1/4 hr from Port Huron Michigan
    HELp me everyone. The truck goes for a safety tomorrow and the lights are all messed up here is what i gathered.

Tap Brake pedal- Radio light flashes

turn right - all lights a working

Turn left- radio light flashes, both taillights and licencse plate light flashes,(L) fender light flashes, grill lights flashes(L and R), left fender light wont flash

Hazards- radio light flashes, taillights flash, grill lights flash (L,R), plate light flashes, (L,R) fender lights dont flashes.

Lights Full pull - i get a buzzer but if i turn the knob buzzer stops, but then i loose the radio light, rear taillights work, front end ligths all work

Runners- i get a buzzer but if i turn dial buzzer gowes away but loose radio light, tailights all work. plate light is on, grill lights on and side marker lights on both fenders a on.

Reverse tailight revers works on both tailights, and no other ligths on, so im ok with the reverse.

And

if i press the brake peal i get a buzzer ad if i turn the ligth knob buzzer goes off but loose radio lights.

OK i hope somone can help me out a si really need the help bad.. This k-5 is booked for safety and e-test tomorrow.

2. chris12

chris12 1/2 ton status

ttt need some help on the diagnoses here. even if you only know one . then its a start. Does anyone think it could be grounds.

3. FlagBurb

FlagBurb Registered Member

I had some similar problems with my rear turn signals and my stop lamps and reverse lights. I cleaned the grounds for the rear lights and replaced the bulbs - that took care of my issues. Good Luck...

4. chris12

chris12 1/2 ton status

Im thinking i migth have the bulbs mixed up like the single and the double filiment mixed up im going to go check that and some grounds and see what happens

5. chris12

chris12 1/2 ton status

Fix. Thanks for the help FlagBurb

6. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Bad grounds would be my first suspects also.