Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help anyone from the northwest please!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by NEOMASTINO2U, Oct 23, 2002.

1. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

please look at my post in the garage! i need help asap! the 99 chevy we have is stuck over on whidby island and won't start, its my husbands work truck and only transportation, it just cranks over he was running fine this morning he stoped to get gas turned it off and now nothing just cranking! help anyone please.
    kelly

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Have him try holding the gas pedal to the floor and cranking it.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Can he hear the fuel pump running if he turns on ONLY the key and listens? Believe it should run for a few seconds.............sounds like fuel pump or ignition module (are the newer ones like a typical HEI?)

Hope this helps ya, keep us posted.

4. NEOMASTINO2U

well he tried holding the gas pedal down and starting it and still nothing, and had him check for noise from the pump and nothing no noise at all now usually can hear it priming itself, now its dead in the water so to speak, quiet as a church mouse back there. and as for it being an hei i belive it is, i don't know a damn thing about this truck its all computerized and i stay away from that! thats why i have a 78! easier to fix and cheaper! could it be the ignition system?!
    kelly

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Have him check the fuel pump relay and/or fuse.............something is keeping it from running, either a dead pump or a relay/fuse fried............. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. NEOMASTINO2U

okay just got off the phone with him again, checked the fuses all look good but he can't tell if the relay fuse is good or not it is a big box type fuse like for your flashers so no way to tell if it is blown, checking now for a price on the fuse if its cheap may try that first putting in a new fuse to see if that works. if not since the pump isnt coming on at all when you turn the key it may just be that stupid pump and he just filled up with gas to a full tank! hope we can syphon it into my blazer!

kelly

7. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

hey Kelly

Did he get home yet?

8. NEOMASTINO2U

hey reddog!aaron!
    well after a 200 dollar tow bill across the ferry to the house geez the tow truck only drove 7 miles! total to! thats what they charged us for coming across the ferry to get him! well after lots of talking to tech's and to ntaj*p we checked the fuel sensor relay first and it was toast so got a new one well put it in and still nothing! figures! well my son came home at that time so he got lucky and got a full tank of gas courtesy of our truck! after getting the tank down spent over 300 bucks for the fuel pump! in between me getting sick alot today i let my stress level get to high and was visiting the porcelin god alot! any way they put that one in and gee low and behold it fired right up! now it starts like it should no hard cranking now and hey our gas gauge works now! no more watching the mileage on the trip odometer making sure we don't run out of gas, so it was just wierd that both the relay fuse and the pump went at the same time! but that is our luck lately! geez i am having a bad year! and it just keeps getting worse everyday! i swear i think somebody upstairs hates me or he has decided i am his little court jester and he comes up with mean stuff to do to me to see how i am gonna react! thats it! i keep him entertained! but now it runs awesome, gee guess that explains why it was running like crap lately and getting horrid gas mileage! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    anyway how are you? i hope good or at least better these days not working to much are ya?
    well hopefully talk to you soon
    kelly

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Awesome news. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif