Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP: Anyone know about 3 wheelers (ATC's)??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 90blzr, May 24, 2004.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

HELP: Anyone know about 3 wheelers (ATC\'s)??

Here is the deal. PIcked up an '80 Honda 110 ATC for my niece. Thing is in excellent shape and the lady had it sitting for a while. Here kid was riding it and it just stopped working. Said they couldnt get spark. So I got it and checked for spark. The spark plug wire had a big crack in it that wasnt allowing the spark to the plug. Fixed that.
    Went to turn the gas to the 'on' position and gas just starts pouring out the overflow. BOTH of them. one for the flooding and one that I guess is for some other overflow. Anyways, when you turn the gas to 'on' or 'reserve' its like you are draining the tank! IT doesnt stop until you switch the fuel back to the off position. The carb was brand new also. Only ran a few times.

Any ideas? Its gotta be something simple. I am just not to familiar with them and dont wanna mess it up more...so I figured I'd ask someone on here before I mess it up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifThanks!

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Re: HELP: Anyone know about 3 wheelers (ATC\'s)??

Sounds like a stuck float or something simple like that... Might try tapping on the side of the carb then turn the gas on again. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

yea id say a stuck float, try taping on the side of it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

try here, these guys are 3 wheeler junkies and can help more than you would ever believe...

3 Wheeler World

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

havent messed with it yet, but thats what I was guessing, suck float. Its been sitting for some time. Guy put a new carb on it and there kid was riding it and after two or three outtings he was riding and it just quit. The kid was getting to big for it and they just got him another bigger bike and this one just sat.
    Like I said, I am getting spark now, I'll bang on the carb a little and see what happens.
    If nothing else, I'll take it apart and clean it out with some carb cleaner. Even though its new, since its been sitting, it may have gotten gummed up.

What are the two overflows for? One is coming from the top of the carb and one right out the bottom /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

The bottom one is probably the drain, and the top one is the overflow. The bottom one should has a small flathead screw that will close it off right above it. Maybe someone opened it while working on it and never closed it back. It definately sounds like a stuck float, whack it!