Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP, anyone w/ an 87 4x4!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Brent96Z28, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Brent96Z28

Brent96Z28 Registered Member

I'm tyring to convince my dad to let me get this 87 K5, so I'm going to call the insurance company to get the price difference from a 96Z28. The thing is, the insurance company needs a VIN number, so if someone w/ an 87 4x4 could give me theirs that would be great. Am I correct in suspecting that the insurance will significantly lower than on my current car?? Thanks in advance.
    -Brent

2. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

yeah I would think so I have state farm and I was going to by a 93 fullsize and it was about 45 more a month han I am paying now.

1985 GMC JIMMY

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If you canhave both, definitely talk to the insurance company about making one a "recreational vehicle". My K5 is insured as one (liability only) but it is the EXACT same price to insure two vehicles as it is one under my policy, since they have a two vehicle discount.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Who's your ins co.?? I call my agent like twice a month to ask how much more another vehicle is, or a change in policy, and they only need year/make/model.
    An older K5 over a newer sporty car will probably be less, it was a huge difference for me when I went from Camaro to K5. If you get liability only, that is. Full or collision coverage may kill you if they consider K5 body's hard to fix...

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **Ever stop to think... Then forget to start again?**

5. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

go by vin # for sure it will come up a station wagon.

88k5 silverado w4"lift <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.56s

6. Brent96Z28

Brent96Z28 Registered Member

The company is USAA, but I was told I have to have a VIN number, so whatever. But I guess it would only make sense that an older truck would be cheaper simply because it's cheaper to fix. If I can't get a VIN number, I'll call and see if they can do anything for me. Thanks.
    -Brent