Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP!!! ASAP - Need more now!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sarazk5, Aug 26, 2001.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

How do I remove my rear seat? I have to pull out my carpet and I can't figure out how the rear seat comes out. I have a 79 Jimmy. My truck goes in the paint shop tomorrow morning and I have to get all this done tonight. Thanks.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by sarazk5 on 08/26/01 08:51 PM.</FONT></P>

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Re: HELP!!! ASAP

You remove the two seat bolts under the seat, and the one that bolts to the side. Three total. Easiest was is to fold the seat up, remove the two bolts. the remove the bolt on the pass side where the button is the fold the seat. Then all you have to do is pull it out.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs locked front.Other cars 69 Firebird w/525 hp,and 70 GTO <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>MY vehicles</a>

3. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

My problem is i can't find the bolts that go to the floor. Or wherever those 2 bolts are.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You have to fold the seat down and tip the whole works up...the two bolts are on the hinge at the lower front edge of the seat base. They can only be accessed when the seat is folded and then lifted forward.
    There is a little lever on the passenger side of the seat that needs to be pushed in for the seat back to drop flat down on top of the seat base. Then at the rear of the seat base there is what looks like a handle, pull up firmly and the whole works will pivot towards you.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by tRustyK5 on 08/26/01 06:25 PM.</FONT></P>

5. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Sorry guys i can not get my seat to flip up after I fold it. What makes it move up? Is it the black handle thing on the floor behind it? The prior owner has it completely full of sand. It will not budge. I am so irritated right now. There is no way my truck is getting to the paint shop tomorrow at this rate. I still have to remove all the carpeting etc. and clean it all out so they can paint the bed etc.

6. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Yea that black handle next to the floor is what makes it fold up.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs locked front.Other cars 69 Firebird w/525 hp,and 70 GTO <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>MY vehicles</a>

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

sounds like you'd better bust out the shop vac and suck some sand, get things movin' again... You can do it!!!![​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

8. tRustyK5

You'll have to vacuum the sand out a bit at least. Then the handle may need some pursuading if its been unused for so long. Just pull up sharply on the black handle thing and it should flip up...

Rene

9. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

In my 79 the handle is not pulled exactly upward. It's a bit of a forward motion. Also, some WD40 can help.

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

10. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, I finally got it up. Actually my b/f did. I vaccumed as much sand as I could with the shop vac. B/f ended up using a prybar to pull it up. The entire underneath of the seat was full of sand. The holes where the latches are were filled with sand. I don't know what the heck that guy did with all that sand, but it made me nutty!! I was so frustrated. I called the paint shop this morning and told them I would bring the truck in this weekend. I need more time to tear apart the truck. I still have to get the carpet/padding out. And remove everything from the truck. I also want to remove all my lights, bumpers and trim before taking it down. I don't want stuff masked off. They are spot welding 45 holes to cover the holes where the body moulding was that i removed, fixing 2 dents, doing a full color change, so they are going to paint my interior bed, tailgate, inside doors etc also. The only thing they wont paint for me is my dash. Anyway... I have lots of work to get to. Thanks again.

Sara

11. tRustyK5

Cool, Take some before and after pics!

Rene