Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help before i break stuff

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Dec 17, 2005.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Im going to set all of the autozone's on fire and thier suppliers the rh tierod is thicker its .800 and the original that came off was .770 the new one will not fit I need to get this fixed asap im so pissed off!:angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

2. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

I HATE ALL THESE PARTS STORES THEY HAVE IDOTS WORKING FOR THEM AND THEY ARENT THE LEAST BIT HELPFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got done calling autozone and advanced auto they tell me that they dont have a micrometer to measure how thick they are so how am i supposed to tell go all the way down to the f**cking store!! and do thier job for them!

Im about ready to sell my 73 im that po'ed

3. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

is it a moog part

4. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I work for Auto Zone (part time) I swear I'm the only guy there that knows how to use a measuring implement other than a tape... If you give me the part # I'll check the dimensions on the one I have in my store and see what I come up with. There are SOME good guys working there... sorry to hear you're having bad luck with them.

5. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

I agree that there are some people that know there stuff in autozone but the number of people who dont know anything out weighs the number of people who do.

I dont have the part number i burned the box with my torch.

I used the old tierod that goes to the passenger side it had alot of play compared to the new one... i guess that will have to do until I find the right part.

I really wanted to get the tierods on today and the front and rear drag links because of them all being bent. I was convinced that it was the right part and after hours of forcing gave up and measured it compared it to the old one it wasnt.

i wanted to get this done all in one shot because its my dd and the alignment is all f'ed up that way i wouldnt have to take the tierod back off to replace the part that was wrong and have to get it realligned a second time thats expensive.

The ball joints i ordered from lmc truck so they should be the right parts
    which I have to find time to do it on monday after i replace the drag links
    so i can finally get it aligned assuming the parts store gets me the right part.

I dont want to put new tires on it until i know that its straight(which it needs real bad and is why i didnt order any yet. plus im getting new rims tommorow diff size)

:haha: i swear this blazer is making me go insane I plan a whole day to get something done and something always screws up and I only end up getting half of it done.

venting done i feel better now thanks for looking at all this type crap

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I looked up the part number for a Right Hand Tie Rod End for your truck (autozone.com), and it shows a part # of ES449L, which is kind of weird because the "L" at the end of the part number usually denotes a Left hand side part number, yet this is listed for a right handed part number. :doah:

7. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

I have to agree that "most" autozone monkies are basically useless. There are like 20 autozones here in louisville and I will only go to one of them thats 15 mins from my house cause the manager used to manufacture alternators and knows his stuff. No one else has ever been helpful.

The saddest part is that I have to pass like 4 autozones to get to the one I like. Sad Sad Sad!

8. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Most of the Autozone employees in this town look like "welfare to work" mothers:haha:. They are litterly walking around the store barefoot and pregnet, and the tear drop tattos next to there left eye (showing how many years they have spent in prison) is a nice touch as well.

9. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

teardrops

that teardrop originated as that was a sign that they was in the joint for murder and that was a tear they shedding for the life they took, BS stuff lot of posers out there now wantin to be bada$$ so they get it done so people think they are dangerous and have killed.....i've also heard its how they marck their bytcheis..but it was originally a guilt thing for murders and people think its cool...sad world huh!

10. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

do you think you could pull it out and measure the thicknesson the ball threaded end with a micrometer the one i got was .800 the original was like 7.70 or somewhere close to that. The one I got was also too long where it screwed in the the clamp.

11. s1037s

s1037s Registered Member

Just so you know, autozone is run by a group of lawyers, not techs. I worked at one for 2 years and there were no people beside me and the manager who could do the job most people want done...get the guy the right part. Corporate attitudes go like this: hire min wage or lower workers to CLERK the part...which means get the part in the guys hand and get him to the register to take his money.
    BTW, how the hell do they expect to sell junkyard parts when the guy behind the counter has no clue what you are talking about? Salvage parts from a retail store? Can you say EXTREME MARKUP?

12. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Duralast.
    That's got 10 execs over dinner and drinks written all over it.
    What's thier low price line, valuesomething. Sweet...Only thing I buy at the zone is oil,filters and stupid parts like the help grommets or whatever.
    Get in the Zone!

13. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Oh, and they are the only place that will take my used oil!
    What do you mean, 5 gallons/day limit?.......

14. s1037s

s1037s Registered Member

5 gallons, what an inconvenience. just leave the rest on the doorstep after they close and they'll get it in the morning:haha: !

15. s1037s

s1037s Registered Member

And its a shame their valuecrap line is cheaper than a salvage part!