Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help bleading lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ramjet gmc, Jul 20, 2003.

1. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Well I have installed the Dana 60 and 14 bolt with the disk brakes and the pedal is so soft. I do not think the back is even at 5% I have read that some of you are getting good results with power bleeding is this the tool you are talking a bought

just some in fo
    dana 60
    14 bolt with the disk brakes
    stock por valve 1986
    stock 1/2 ton pbb 1986
    good new lines( no ruber hose) SS flex

Kit allows one person to bleed brake fluid easily/cleanly.
    Vacuum pump alone can test vacuum operated sensors/components. Specially designed adapters fit all brakes.
    · Vacuum pump, brake fluid jar, large/small tapered/suction cup/universal adapters ·
    Tee fitting, cushioned handle grips, 1/4 and 1/8 in. hose adapters, valve adapters ·
    Sealant lubricant to prevent brake fluid bubbles, 24 in. vacuum hose, 24 in. bleeder hose ·
    12 in. hose, owners manual with detailed instructions ·
    Check: distributor advance, PCV valve, EGR valve, heater/AC baffles ·
    Check: headlight cover doors, vacuum switches, valves & diaphragms, transmission modulator · Vacuum pump has durable, solid brass cylinder, cylinder head and piston

[​IMG]

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That's what I use but I use the Cheap Mity vac I got from either Auto Zone or Pepboys.

You probably have Air in the Combination valve. With a full resivior crak open the lines coming form the master. Tap it while it's draining. That should get the air out of the CV.

3. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

i ran into the same problem when i did mine but i also converted to hydroboost. i have the phoniex injecter. that looks somewhat the same, made bleeding the brakes so easy.the phoniex injects the brake fluid at the caliper and forces the air out at the m/c. it only took about 35 minutes to do the whole system. good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

84...can ya post a link to that phoenix injector...that is the best way to bleed brakes because air is lighter than the fluid and naturally wants to go back UP into the system...

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner