Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help! Cab is leaking!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rustyk5, Oct 15, 2003.

1. rustyk5

rustyk5 Registered Member

I'm trying to grind-out and replace all the rusted sheet metal in the interior of my 85 K5. Every time it rains I get water on the floor in the area of the front footwells. The water seems to be running down the inside of the kick panel, from under the dash. Is this from defective windsheild weather striping, or is there some other seal/gasket that I need to replace? I have A/c if it makes a difference.
    Thanks in advance! This website and it's posters are a great bunch of people with a vast knowledge base! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

im no expert whith the big chevies but i would suspect of the windshield wheather stipping. Another thing you might check for is if you have installed any after market gages, make shure the gromets in the fire wall are still tight.

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Check the cowl too. Sometimes the seal (towards the front) deteriorates. Run some water just into the cowl area and see if it leaks. If not, then move to the windshield and try.

4. rustyk5

rustyk5 Registered Member

Thanks for the info! I never thought to actually throw more water at it, but that will definately help me figure out where it's coming from. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

I just found the wierdest leak water was puddling on my pass. floor.I ran water in the cowl no leak then ran it all over the front it was running down the firewall where the cowl seal ends and pouring right in where the heater hoses connect to the core.All the water was running right in the heater box so check that area too. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif