Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help Cant get E-Brake to release

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CaveBlazin, Sep 21, 2002.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ok so my ride has been bed riden for the last month and now I got her up and runnin again but the problem is she wont get running with out the emergency brake to release. Whats the best way should I floor it and see if it pops out Ive pressed and released it about a 1000 times any suggestions before I break something (whats new)

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

get underneith the truck down by the rear axle and look at the cable on the drivers side, where it splits to two. at that point there is a metal bar that makes them work together, if one cable is farther forward than the other and the bar is also leaning, tug on the one that is the farthest forward. that will be your stuck one. usually it will come undone with a slight tug, or even a tap on hte metal bar where the cables split.

good luck
    ~~~jeff

3. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just remembered exactly what you just said I forgot this happened once before now its loose and moving. Thanks for the mind refreshing. LOL