Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP! , Carb to TBI conversion????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

Help, anyone please. I came across a good deal on the motor out of a 92 caprice I couldn't pass up. (400.00). What all will I need to take off the car to transfer to TBI system to the 350 that I already have in my Blazer. My Blazer already has a edelbrock performer intake and I heard that Holley make an adapter to put the Throttle Body on top of the Four Barrell intake. Any help, Advice, Wiring diagrams, would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I have a 1979 K5 4"-pro comp, 35 uniroyals, and no time to spare.

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Where in NC are ya located, bud? You'll need the wiring harness and the computer from that car. You'll also need every last electronic piece off the engine. You will also need a fuel pump and sending unit from a TBI k5 or pickup. Pretty much, you'd be better off getting everything from a k5 or pickup instead of a Caprice....

3. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Jeremy? I just talked to Jimmy Walters and he mentioned your "sitiation" Give me a ring and I will look at what you have. I am fixin to do TBI on my truck. I will send my number in a PM.

Clay /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. Mudbug1979

Yup its me. Didn't know you were a member. Yeah man I think Jimmy said you were using a howell wiring harness. How is or was the installation on that?

5. Mudbug1979

Monroe, Big O. The sending unit and pump are the least of my worries. I just want to make sure that I get everything that I need off of that car. I have a buddy of mine that wants the motor and I get the TBI setup for only $200.00 outa pocket. Not too bad I think.

6. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I haven't put it in yet. I just got all my stuff from Howell yesterday. I hope to start on it after Christmas around first of January. Give me a call and I will let you know what I have and what you definitely will need.

Clay /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif