Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP! Changed fuel filter, noticed a leak!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lifethroughdeath, Jan 24, 2004.

1. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

so today i braved the cold (19*) and decided i'd finally change my fuel filter, and let me tell you it needed it bad!!
    it was like dirt brown fuel inside the filter /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif anyway that went fine, it's just now while i was down there i noticed a small leak (like a drop every 10 seconds or so) coming from the end of a short piece of woven stainless line right after the filter towards the front of the truck. my question is can i fix this temporarily, until i replace it? like is there anything out there that will seal this up or what? the K5 uses enough gas as it is without me losing anymore.. so any input would be great, thanks
    Nate /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

If you don't care about being "politicaly correct" you can splice in some Fuel injected rated rubber hose. Regular fuel hose isn't heavy enough for fuel injection, but there is heavier stuff that will hold it.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    If you don't care about being "politicaly correct" you can splice in some Fuel injected rated rubber hose. Regular fuel hose isn't heavy enough for fuel injection, but there is heavier stuff that will hold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, its $5 a foot, but well worth it.

4. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

thanks for the help guys, but it ended up being rust as allways was the cullprit. the old clamp that held the woven stainless line on had rusted out, so there was nothing holding it on the fitting. so a new clamp and a few minutes later, and it's all good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, thank god because i couldn't have lasted another 5 minutes in this freakin cold
    nate /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif