Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help! Darn swaybar bushings!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dznutz70, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Dznutz70

Dznutz70 Registered Member

I am trying to install a set of ORD Swaybar disconnects I got for Christmas. All was well till I took out the passenger side bolt, the metal thing that goes inside the bushing came out with the bolt. I got the metal thing off but how do I get it back in the hole?

2. RAY

RAY 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i'm having the same problem. I am going to take the swaybar and bushing to a machine shop and have them press them in. I have tried pressing them in with no success. You might try greeasing them real good.
    Good Luck, Ray

3. Dznutz70

I tried lots of grease and pressing it in. I am going to put a longer bolt on it and try and screw it threw.

4. Dznutz70

Well I used the longer bolt provied with the kit and got it halfway through and then used the old bolt to get it most of the way but it is sticking out about a 1/4 inch. Anyone now how to get it the rest of the way through?

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Do you have a piece of wood you can lay over it and hit it with a hammer.

What kind of bushings are you using? Mine went in no sweat.

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

6. Dznutz70

The bushings are the stock ones. I think that it is in enough to fit into the disconnects and that will be fine till I can order another set of bushings. Any recomendations on which brand to use?

7. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Get some poly bushings. I got the energy suspension sway bar bushing kit. I had to machine the sleeves some so the ORD disconnect kit would work. The sleeves are a little thicker, but smaller also. The factory stuff fits thru it, but the ORD didn't. But after that everything went in just fine, plus the two front bushings are greaseable.

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>