Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP! Day 4 of lift...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Dec 16, 2004.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yes i started sunday night and all i have done so far workin about 2hrs each night is the front leaf springs are on.. first it was the passanger side leaf's peg being to big to put into the hole on the axel now its the driver side, sway bar? i think but anyways, the bolt on the top of the leaf spring. I cannot get it lined up to go into the hole at all! i have been fighting w/ it forever and im about to snap. The passanger side is aligned and in the hole now, so that side is all set. As soon as i did that the driver side went misaligned w/ the hole. The bottom peg on the driver leaf spring fits in fine, i just cant get the top nut/bolt of the leaf spring to fit into the sway bar its really frustrating any tips? thanks Mike

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Loosen the swaybar to frame mounts as much as possible without completely removing the bolts, and also loosen the other side swaybar to axle bolt. This will give you a little more play to get everything lined up and the bolts started before tightening it down.

Another thought, if you have the frame sitting on jackstands with the suspension hanging down it will also be difficult to get the swaybar in. If so jack up the axle to compress the springs.

3. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

hey i jacked it up a TON and it worked just had enough room for it to slip into the holes on either side.. thanks for the advice.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I usually throw my sway bars away. With lifted springs they can break the leaf spring centering pin if you do much flexing. One fix is to use ORD sway bar disconnects; I always found it easier to throw it away though.