Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP DD dead in driveway: TBI

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tx_sub, Aug 11, 2004.

1. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

i tried to put in the injector pod spacer today. the fuel lines were a pain comin out. my hand is cut up from my dog biting me, so my bro is threading the fuel line fitting back in to the inlet and fouls the threads. tried to rethread the piece but couldn't start tap. i went to napa: can only sell the whole tbi unit and is not in stock. went to gm dealer: have part in Pennsylvania adn no telling when it will get here at a base cost of 234.44. jc whitney has stock replacements for about 350. jegs has the holley 670 cfm unit for 346. the last two i can get here second day and i'm trying to leave town on monday to drive back to school in new orleans. i've heard about trouble with the holley unit, but it is the same price as the stock replacement. could i use the stock injectors in the holley unit? or what about turbo city, don't know much about them other than what i've heard. do they sell the injector pod with the throttle body? their site is hard to navagate adn find what i am looking for. plus its after five and customer service is closed at holley. please help me!

2. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I had the asme problem when I rebuilt the TB on my old burb. I had everything done and back together but I guess I lost the o-ring that went in the fuel feed line, cause whenever I started the engine fuel was gushing out. I tried to remedy it by tightening the fitting until, the aluminum threads on the TB stripped out. I got lucky, I am very good friends with a junkyard owner, and he swapped me another TB off another truck. Go junkyarding, it will be the most economical choice.