Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help deciphering numbers stamped on ring gear...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

So I found a set of 4.56 14b gears on Ebay. Just the pinion gear and ring gear. No carrier. I emailed the seller and asked if they were "thick" gears or standard. He didn't know, so he gave the numbers stamped on the ring gear-

2gm20026100 9 41 7 93

Trying to figure out if these are the thick gears I can use on my 4.10 carrier?
    I would assume since there is the "gm" in the number that they are factory GM 4.56 gears and not thick.
    I know that 9 41 is pinion/ring gear tooth count= 4.56. 7 93 is July '93.
    The other #'s I have no idea.
    I'm pretty sure I answered my own question though...If I get these gears I'll need a new carrier.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm pretty sure I answered my own question though...If I get these gears I'll need a new carrier....

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep.

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

looks like you also have the right answer.if they were thick gears i dont think it would have the gm on it.i dont think thick gears were offered from the factory since they could build the axle with the correct parts.you could just call the dealership and ask the parts guy what that number comes up as also.