Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help diagnose this problem on my brothers K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Robert D, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Robert D

Robert D 1/2 ton status

So the '89 K5 I found for my brother hasn't made it a month before something is now going out on it. He says he will be driving down the road and the entire truck starts shaking and making a 'kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh' noise...He says the steering wheel does not shake but the truck itself. Any ideas? The truck has 60k miles on the transmission, engine, brake system, front and rear diffs, and the fluid was just changed in the front/rear diffs. He says it does not do this constantly; just does it periodically. When I drove the truck it ran great...a month ago before he had it. He 'says' he has not taken it offroading and has only used it on the street...

2. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i dont know! about 2-3 months ago my 89 would shake like that but only on takeoff like the a$$ end was jumping it did it about 5 times and never did it again i still have no idea what it was :dunno:

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Sounds like something Ignition / Distributor related to me

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Perhaps a u-joint binding up? I dunno, the desription is kinda vague. Does he think it's engine related or drivetrain related?

5. MOBK5

MOBK5 1/2 ton status

Maybe death wobble?

My truck started shaking really bad a month ago. Replaced wheel bearing and its all good. Jack up the front wheels and see if that have play top to bottom, as in grab the top of the tire and pull out and push in on it, if there is play the wheel bearing are loose or need to be replaced.