Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help!!!!-------Disconecting wiring from gas tank

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Derf00, Oct 29, 2000.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Have dropped gas tank on my '90 Jimmy to remove for repair. How does the wiring for the sending unit disconnect?

2. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

I am not sure if this will help. I check my 75, and my 83 k20 diesel for the wire mounting. Both only had a brass stud that was mounted to the sending unit. The wire terminal just pushed down on the stud. The tank to the K5 is out of the frame, but the k20s tank still had the wire conected. I had to lightly pry it up off the stud. Since you`r `90 is EFI things could be very different though. Good Luck.

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the reply, but mine is different than that. Three wires going into a plastic connector on the sending unit. I know I can cut them, but I would rather ask than be sorry I didn't.

4. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

There is a disconnect by the frame and you also have to take a ground of the frame in the same general place. You should not have to cut anything just look around. - Doug

Doug Krebs

5. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Thanks Doug, the plug was covered up by mud, I just didn't look close enough.