Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help! Does anyone have some spare spring center pins?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Shaggy, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I need two center pins that are at least 4.5" long. I can't find anywhere in town that has them, the only spring shop is apparantly run by a crackhead that can't even make a set of u-bolts in under 3 days. If anyone has some I will replace them, but I am trying to get my axles installed tomorrow so I'd like to get some in the morning.

If anyone knows where to buy some that would work too. I looked for long allen head bolts at OSH and Home Depot but the longest they had was 2.5". Any other suggestions?</font color>

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, you know my offer... But anyway, I would look under bolts or fasteners in the phone book and look for a bolt shop. We have two here. They have everything. But I've told you all this already...

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I got 2 of them at my Napa shop.. They where like 8 inches long..You just cut them to the size you need.I still have them I never put them in. I bought them to go with the add-leafs that I never put in.. But no way to get them to you by tomorrow..

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Thanks Jason, if I can't come up with anything then I will take you up on it.

Dammit! Napa always seems to have this kind of thing, and there isn't one around here. Well, there is one but it's a good drive away. I may end up going over there in the morning if they have them though. Thanks! </font color>

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I just use regular allen bolts from OSH for center pins. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Check with Scott (4x4HIGH). He works in a machine ship that's coupled with CarQuest. They're in Fremont off of Maury (sp?)

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> My local OSH's hardware selection has seriously dwindled lately. The longest allen bolt they have is 2.5". </font color>

8. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Mine here is pretty good.What about Ace Hardware or an AG supply place.

9. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Evan,

I'll second that about Scott's shop on Mowry. I'm positive Scott has mentioned that they have that kind of stuff in stock there....

Give him a call: (510) 796-2600

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Hey guys, I ended up making my own spring pins, turned out pretty nice I'f I do say so myself. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I took a long grade 5 bolt and a grade 8 nut, turned the nut down to the required radius on my grinder and used that end as the locating part. Worked real nice once I got them installed, the spring packs had shifted alot and the old pins were toast. Both of the looked like smiley faces and one had the head sheared off.

Greg - I ended up taking the axle to a shop to get the perches welded, I needed it done at about 2pm today and I didn't want to be buggin you about it. Thanks anyways! </font color>

11. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey Evan, glad you got it covered. Greg called me today and told me you were looking for centering pins. Yes, we do stock them at my work if anyone else on here needs them. They are about 12" long or so, you just simply cut to fit your needs.