Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help electrical driving me nuts!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Moose, May 15, 2003.

1. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Ok guys heres the deal. A week ago I put the burb in reverse and got on it and the truck died. After figuring out there was no fuel gettiing to the tbi I replace the filter and found that the "ECMB 10 amp fuse" had blown. Replaced it and the truck started right up. So last nignt I went to back up in the drive way and gave it a little gas to get over the curb and it did it again. Did the samething again except this time it blows the fuse the minute I turn on the ign. Any body had this problem? Is it a relay. Or is it my ECM? HELP its starting to piss me off. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey Moose--Call me, I think I've found it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

3. Erich_in_AZ

Erich_in_AZ 1/2 ton status

Might be a short also. seems to have happened when you were giving it gas, so it might be due to the engine rotating in the mounts and shorting a wire, or the same thing happening with the body. I would check the accesory (not supply) side of the fuse with an ohmmeter and if it reads a ground. If it does, then you probably have a short in the wiring somewhere. Wiggle the harness in different places and see if stops reading a ground. You can also try unplugging the ECM, or the pump relay, etc and tossing a fuse in there to see if it blows. If you don't have a meter, a less scientific way is to get a box of fuses and start wiggling the harness and see if it still blows them. I don't suggest that though, as it might spike things.

EDIT: I also found this on a yahoo search for ECMB fuse

http://forums.vmag.com/suvcrv0999/messages/6384.html

4. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I am going to go home after work and try it out I will let you know what I find. Nick thanks for looking at a schematic for me and explaining. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif