Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help!! Emergency

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Jul 9, 2006.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Here is the story..

My blazer has a 4 in lift and I started swapping axles today mind you its a daily driver. the brake lines for some reason are too short with this other axle i put in it.. its a 3/4 ton 44 im guessing the calipers are different or something.

The pitman arm needs to be replaced with the one for a 4in lift and the ubolts on the front are bent to hell. the pins that hold the leaf springs together were sheared all off but i fixed that after a trip tp the hardware store.

I desperatly need a raised pitman arm and extended brakelines tomorrow!
    I tried trusty autozone and they had nothing I mean nothing and that the only place thats open around here on sunday.

AUTOZONE SUCKS!!!

They didnt have Ubolts pins for the leafs extended brake lines or pitman arm!! (fortunatly i fixed the pins for the leafs)

Please someone try and help me out im begging as i need these for tommorow at least point me in the direction!!

2. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

maybe summit?

3. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

summit has the lines they are salty at $63 each no pitman arm tho they only have jeep stuff.

4. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

NAPA sometimes stocks lift stuff.

5. balterbuilt

balterbuilt 1/2 ton status

as for the brake lines you can go to the harware store, or a bearing/hydraulic dealer and get some made....mgiht even be cheaper than summit. For the arm start calling everyone you know. Check classifieds, craigslist, etc. If yo have to try to make the stock arm work for a couple days. Just drive carefully and make sure it's safe before you jump on the interstate.

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Search thru the part number post for extra long stock type brake lines. You may also want to post in your regional forum if you have not already. :wink1:

7. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

This really sucks! i can deal without the pitman arm but i dont know of a place around to get the brake lines. I really could just use brake lines well wish me luck on finding them tommorow keep the ideas comming and thanks to all who are trying to help me through this. im gonaa go and look at things for a while

8. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

you should try the 4 wheel parts store, they have pitman arms and brakelines

9. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Ill give it a try tommorow chances are they wont have it in stock or something but we will see this wouldnt be a problem if it wasnt my daily driver:doah:

I really dont want to put too much money into the front axle cause im going to get a d60 but then again i will see what the costs are and bite the bullet.

I hope that this 14ff is worth all of this trouble

it was my old truck that a friend bought he wanted to go back to half ton
    so i went to his house and had to make a couple of runs to get parts.
    The good part is that the 14bolt ff was practically free with the exception of the brake lines and pitman arm and 79cent bolts for the spring packs

I had to drive home less than a mile using the ebrake as the brake cause I had no brakes i clamped off the front lines:eek1:

at least the rear should be no problem use the conver u joint on his and give him my ujoint.

10. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

update**
    got my brake lines and pitman arm but still having problems. the pitman arm i got from the 4wheel store is right but the casting was bad and wouldnt clear the ball joints. that was fine i ground it down tried it again to find out the holes arent the right size at the beggining of the taper they are off just enough to not work. Im telling you what this is the worst two days of working on a vehicle I have ever had. converting to stick switching a motor in one day is a brreze but when it comes to this little shi* it takes a week to get things done.

couldnt get bushings today and the ubolts couldnt get today and I have to have it on the road by the end of the day today:angry1: at least I dont need the bushings and ubolts that badly.