Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help...Emissions in CO on a CA K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by goblazeinco, May 20, 2002.

1. goblazeinco

goblazeinco Registered Member

I have an 86 k5 that is originally from California. Does anyone know if I am going to have to pass CA emissions or will I just have to have to stay within Colorado limits. Right now it is a mostly stock motor with the exception of flowmaster exhaust. The motor is giving me problems since I took it to Nederland a few weeks ago, and I am looking at my options to swap it out.

P.S. Has anyone used this GM crate that is at Scoggin Dickey, http://www.sdpc2000.com/cart.asp?action=prod_detail&catid=128&pid=110

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

thats the motor i just put in my 86. i love it...makes so much more power than my pos 305 did. you'll need the 85 and older flexplate, crank dowel (for centering the flexplate), and a new temp send unit if your going from a 305. other than that it was just plug and play.

3. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    You should just have to stay within Colorado limits and if you engine had a smog pump it still has to have one. Not sure what they will say if you dont have a catalytic converter. Just tune it and hopefully you will only have to go once. I always leaned mine out some for the test.

4. porboy

porboy Registered Member

I also just put that motor in. 100 miles and no problems yet.

5. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

has to have the cat, air pump, coffe can and all of the other factory crap for the emissions, in other words it has to pass a visual.

John