Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help Finding Windshield Wiper Switch, 87 :burb:

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bpiccioni, Oct 29, 2003.

1. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

Thanks in advance for your help!

I got into my /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif steering column last night, and got further into it today, and I need some help finding a part for a 1987 3/4T 4x4 TBI350 /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif with tilt column, intermittent pulse wipers and cruise control.

I got a new turn signal lever from Napa for $64.49, w/ Intermittent Pulse Wiper & Cruise Control - the old lever worked, although the cruise wires were coming apart inside the column, which I discovered after taking the column apart thus far. I plan to go ahead and install the new lever, rather than fix the wires, and then rebuild the old one (take it apart and fix the cruise wires) which is needed for another GM vehicle I have at the moment.

However, I also discovered that the reason my intermittent pulse wipers didnt adjust well wasnt due to the turn signal lever adjuster, but the pivot switch inside the tilt housing of the steering column. This is the device that the turn signal lever connects to and allows the control of all the wiper & wash functions.

Normally there's a clicking when adjusting from slow to faster intermittent speeds, but on mine there is none, and there's only a SMALL degree of adjustment between slowest to fastest, and it only occurs over about 1mm.

I wonder if anyone has the GM part # for it, for cross reference purposes? Other part #'s also wanted, if available. I also wonder if anyone knows where to find one on the internet for price comparision?

I have a sinking suspicion that this will be even less available than the turn signal lever, and I am afraid to find out what the dealer wants for one - I declined to purchase their $120 turn signal lever.

2. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

Update: Also called Windshield Wiper Switch

Update:

I downloaded ChevyDuty's 73-87 complete catalog, and they have a part which looks like the one I'm looking for:

Windshield Wiper Switch (page 75 of 120)

1973-1983 switch in dash that controls windshield wipers and washers. 1984-1987 switch in upper steering column that controls windshield wipers, windshield washers and dimmer switch. Pulse style switch is for intermittent wipers. Also, specify with or without tilt steering.

67-656A (78-83) w/o Pulse $19.95
    67-656B (78-83) w/ Pulse $29.95
    67-657A (84-87) w/o Pulse, w/o Tilt $34.95
    67-657B (84-87) w/o Pulse, w/Tilt $44.95
    67-657C (84-87) w/ Pulse, w/o Tilt $99.95
    67-657D (84-87) w/ Pulse, w/Tilt $59.95

I was calling it Turn Signal Pivot Switch, which was the name used in my Chilton's manual, rather than Windshield Wiper Switch.

So, if anyone know's of a better price than $59.99, I'd be much obliged. I plan on calling the Junkyards tomorrow, but would prefer to go new if possible, although cheap is good.

3. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

LMC Truck sells them for $19.95 (wiper delay and cruise) page # 129 of their 2003 winter edition. part #34-0785